Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538153 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2009, 08:46:48 am »

Cacame should go on a quest to resurrect the one who killed his wife, so he can kill them. Yeah, that'd be pretty friggin sweet.
I second this decision. ;D maybe a two or three story bit? like the odyssey?

That would be literally epic.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:04 am »

Cacame should go on a quest to resurrect the one who killed his wife, so he can kill them. Yeah, that'd be pretty friggin sweet.
I second this decision. ;D maybe a two or three story bit? like the odyssey?

That would be literally epic cacame-esqe.

fixed :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2009, 11:23:22 am »

I like the story. It was very good.

Two things, though. 1) His last name is Awemedinade. I remember it by thinking "Awesome Medicine Lemonade". Or something like that.

Ah, fixed that easily enough (Awemadinale, what I originally wrote, turns out after looking it up to mean "Admiration-elevated vegitation".  Take of that what you will.)

And I believe the local leaders are the leaders of one of the sub-groups within a civilisation; so they tend to rule a site of their own.  That informs too many things to easily change it, though, post-facto.

And I very much agree with the quest idea.  ;D
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2009, 02:07:38 pm »

I'll work on it. I have a lot of writing stuff on my plate already.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2009, 09:49:29 pm »

By the way, Cacame is now a Legendary Hammerelf.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 30, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »

Cacame very rough, from cacame vs egngun
this is an early draft of cacame's part, if you have anything thats out of place or would like to add please do...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll have egngun drafted as soon as I deside what he will actually look like.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 31, 2009, 12:48:00 am »

Call it artistic expressionism (Still don't have my tablet, so I can't do much complex right now).

(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 31, 2009, 01:09:42 am »

That's actually pretty sick.

Of course, it begs me to imagine that the demon 'really' is a gangster with a mohawk, shank, and tank top. :)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 31, 2009, 01:38:51 am »

I imagine that Egngun looks something like this:

Also, I think my modded up MegaBeasts are working. I just had a Titan show up. She did quite a number on my champions, even after one of them cut off her left hand. She proceeded to rip the legs off another and use his greaves to beat him to death, then beat an Elite Wrestler to death, then splatter a war lion, war jaguar, and a war monitor lizard against the ramps beneath the colossus, all while under assault from 3 other champions. I thought I was going to lose another one, when Themiyi, the elf I turned into a Royal Guard, came flying in (a perfectly agile elf moves incredibly fast) and killed it with her spear.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:55 am »

Guh.

I think Cacame has an aura of awesome +5.

It turns even other elves into war gods.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:17 am »

Actually, the other-races-turned-Royal-Guards are all pretty badass. I turned another Goblin into one, because I felt bad for my original one not having anyone on her friends list, and she essentially fought off the last elf siege all by herself. I stationed my champions on the bridge, because that makes cleanup easier, but she ran outside the walls chasing down elves and hacking them to bits, despite coming under constant arrow fire.

She ended with 10 elf kills and 21 horse kills, without taking a bruise herself, and earning herself the name "the Crazy Chasm of Souls", which sounds awesome even though I have no idea what it means.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 31, 2009, 02:23:09 am »

Oh, and speaking of nicknames (my fortress has a lot of good ones, though there are a bunch of utterly terrible ones as well), the Hammerer earned herself the name "the Influence of Genius".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 31, 2009, 03:09:00 am »

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the other-races-turned-dudes thing is causing them to become unnaturally tough.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:33 am »

ok, got the first draft of egngun and cacame done...I'm thinking of touching up cacame's cape some but, I'm happy with it.

Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 31, 2009, 03:23:12 am »

Not really. They are still sparring and are all legendary Wrestlers/Shield Users/Spearwomen with perfect displayed stats. In random tests I've run with them and Cacame I've watched them get hurt and/or killed when facing real threats that are turning their full attention to the targets.

They certainly aren't doing anything my actual Champions couldn't do and couldn't do faster and better than them. When I suspect an elf siege is lurking around, I generally only station one champion on the bridge, because they're no threat with wood weapons and armor. The Titan kill was enabled by the fact that it had already spent two or three minutes fighting half my champions before she randomly decided to come over and help.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74