Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538389 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #525 on: September 02, 2009, 11:42:43 pm »

it's impossible for egngun to fight cacame. They're from DIFFERENT game worlds and different mods.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 02, 2009, 11:45:04 pm »

I don't think I have the time to write it, but we ought to (bending reality, yes) write a story about how Cacame forged (or "acquired") his hammer (which we will assume he has always kept, like a badass security blanket) as a happy member of an Elven civ.

Hmmm... I actually have some ideas for that... I probably could work out a story with the time I have this week...

Also, Fault:  Never tell me the facts! WARNING:  TV TROPES LINK!
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51:30 pm »

Let's just pit Cacame against a Size 2000 dragon and see what happens
Note: While Worldgenning, I found a lot of ruins, also when I made my elves use iron, but civs were usually never wiped out.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 02, 2009, 11:53:55 pm »

it's impossible for egngun to fight cacame. They're from DIFFERENT game worlds and different mods.

DF is, after all, a multiverse. My theory is that entering a Glowing Pit will not kill you, but rather allow you to travel to other worlds. I can only think of three who would survive entering a glowing pit.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 02, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »

THAT'S IT.

Morul, ironblood and cacame meet up in a glowing pit and STORM HELL.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 03, 2009, 12:06:41 am »

*is remined of the firey hell that genned and modded so that only people wearing heat resistant gear would not burn to cinders, unfortunetly i forgot about water making blasts of steam when to hot, and long story short everyone died, still got to work out the issues of that map....
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 03, 2009, 12:16:05 am »

Well, he's a Legendary Hammerelf now. Legendary Shield User too.

I'm actually working on writing a story now. It's going to be multiple part, though. The first part should be finished in the next few days.

Edit: Speaking of the Wiki, I've actually been rather surprised that neither Morul nor Captain Ironblood has a wiki entry. They deserve it more than Cacame at this juncture.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 03, 2009, 02:39:17 am »

Cacame, Morul, and Ironblood walk into a Martian moon base.

Hell was destroyed and every last demon killed in the most painful fashion.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 03, 2009, 03:26:28 am »

Well, he's a Legendary Hammerelf now. Legendary Shield User too.

I'm actually working on writing a story now. It's going to be multiple part, though. The first part should be finished in the next few days.

Edit: Speaking of the Wiki, I've actually been rather surprised that neither Morul nor Captain Ironblood has a wiki entry. They deserve it more than Cacame at this juncture.

Wow, if you're lucky and land a hammer or shield artifact, he'll be unstoppable.

The thing about the DF wiki is that it's not a place to put the community memes and stuff, unlike 4chan's wiki (1d4chan). The DF wiki is more for helping players, though stuff does make it in sometimes, hence the D for Dwarf rating.

Maybe Ironblood, Morul, and Cacame could get in with a D for Dwarf article.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:50 am »

if enough of these awesome guys and hilarious events pop up, we may have to make an entire D for Dwarf joke-wiki.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »

I got a few artifact hammers, but my two champion Hammerdwarfs grabbed them. If I get another one, I'll fix it so he can grab it.

I figure that the community memes and stories are as much a part of the appeal of Dwarf Fortress as anything else. I got into the game after reading the Boatmurdered link from TV Tropes. And speaking of Boatmurdered, it has a small article on the DF Wiki. So I think there's precedent for anyone who wanted to go do it.

Also, I can verify that creatures have set sizes that are given the moment they are created. I had my fortress attacked by a Dragon Turtle (modded MegaBeast) and after watching my champions manhandle it, it got butchered and only left 40 bones and meat, despite my having recently upgraded it to size 80. So the Titan that attacked was so tough not because it was upped to size 90, but because it had gained stats from fights in World Gen.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »

I got a few artifact hammers, but my two champion Hammerdwarfs grabbed them. If I get another one, I'll fix it so he can grab it.

I think you can make your champions drop them with the no-brainer cheat.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2009, 06:45:25 pm »

I could do that, yes. But I'd rather have them keep it since, for the most part, they'll be the ones doing the actual fighting. Besides, none are really awesome enough for Cacame to use.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »

A couple of movies for you all to enjoy.

The humans let their diplomat get killed (AGAIN!) and they decided it was my fault. So they besieged me the next summer. I got Cacame to go out to the front of the colossus, then raised the drawbridge beneath it, and waited.

Here are the results (split into 3 parts to account for the 3 different waves of attackers).

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »

This deserves to be drawn.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 74