Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 537196 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »

Cacame will deal with heresy on his own terms.

Urist McGeneric: My lord... we have a heretic, we want you to help us with this matter.
Cacame: Drop him in the elf pits!, let him be slowly devoured like my wife, he will feel the pain of a thousand brands, we will tear off his skin and let him bleed unto our great altar to armok!

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »

Cacame doesn't need to be made into a Dwarf.  He's already one.  A very tall one with pointy ears, but a Dwarf nonetheless.  I wouldn't argue with him on this point, it's a good way to get a face-full of Mithril Hammer.
Sanity is for the weak.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:17 pm »

We'll always be here to remind them.

With warhammers and picks, if necessary.

Requesting picture of dwarf (or Cacame) smacking a dwarf with the broad of his hammer, saying "NEVER FORGET!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 18, 2009, 11:16:05 pm »

never forget, somebody, nah nah nah nah nah nah woo-oo
*dodges rock*
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

JubalHarshaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 18, 2009, 11:32:51 pm »

I love that this thread has returned yet again, and am posting here simply to help push it towards 50 pages.
This is an exceptionally generated World. It menaces with spikes of Gabbro.

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 26, 2009, 09:57:14 pm »

umm....I just spent the day reading this thread from start to finish. and reading about tholtig, and everything mentioned in the thread. wow. just wow. Not letting thread die!

DONT DIE THREAD DONT DIE!!!

also DONT DIE CACAME. There must be a way to save cacame's character or that map past the save-breaking new version. if not....then....well....we could always stay wit the old version lol
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 27, 2009, 08:15:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well. How 'bout that.

Although, despite being considered a so-awesome-he-doesn't-need-a-title force, he's worshipped by elves. And is associated with rivers and jungles. This worldmap being almost entirely evil, I'd like to think that they fear him and hold sacrifices to stave off his elf-hating wrath.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:56 am »

Dude, I was just reading through some of my old Drizzt books, and the thought came to me...

Cacame and Drizzt find out about each other. Cacame visits Mithril Hall (Don't know how, stares a hole in time and space?). What happens next

A:Drizzt and Cacame fight, Eternity Implodes, Explodes, and shoots out God's ass.

B:Drizzt and Cacame Become friends, Eternity implodes, Explodes, inhales, and shoots out... *Gunshots*

:P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:20 am »

You realize that most people think that Drizzt Daermon Nashezbaernon (apostrophe salting omitted) would be a good magma-death candidate, unlike our erstwhile king?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:07 am »

You realize that most people think that Drizzt Daermon Nashezbaernon (apostrophe salting omitted) would be a good magma-death candidate, unlike our erstwhile king?
Eh, at least drow know to live underground.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:26 am »

And he doesn't want to. He's anti-Cacame.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 28, 2009, 10:23:50 am »

Drizzt? There's another elf worthy of mentioning then? But yes, drown him in magma for being anti-Cacame.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »

Y'know, with the advent of dwarf companion, you could simply switch cacame's civ allegiance to yours, right? And you could change him to a dwarf as well.

Late post is late, but I did this. Switching his civ to my own is what caused him to actually walk into my fort instead of hanging out at the edge of the map as a visitor. Temporarily making him a dwarf allowed him to pick up weapons, but if I assigned a room or anything to it, the game would crash when I made him an elf again.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 07, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »

Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if you made a race of elves using the Dwarf civ settings.

I'll have to try that. Maybe I'll call them Awemedines.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Desiderium

• Bay Watcher
  • [SELECT_SYMBOL:UNTOWARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 10, 2010, 05:44:16 am »

So, after reading this thread, the subsequent stories in Holy Mitten's thread, and suddenly being taken by a fey mood whilst imagining Cacame upon his throne, this has been produced.

It's unfinished, and I'm unsure if I SHOULD finish it. I've only put in a few hours, and to finish, it will take up to two to three days.

I'm going to need a quantum stockpile of hotpockets, coke, water, and walnuts, so any contributions of said materials will be generously rewarded with ☼«☼Pig Tail Sock☼»☼s. Lots and lots of ☼«☼Pig Tail Sock☼»☼s.

The dimensions of the picture are 1680 x 1050, as is my monitor, but photobucket is gimp and resizes the photos down considerably.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And one more thing...
Woo hoo, my first post ever on the bay12games forums! :P

[Edit in red: Mistype]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:40:21 am by Desiderium »

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74