Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538317 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #795 on: February 11, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »

I don't know if you CAN war Kobs.

But I think it's more that elves get wood and gobs, etc. get iron...

They siege you if they manage to steal a lot of stuff. Honestly, Ive never seen it, and I think that your fortress design/defense must be structurally backwards if this happens by accident (or you forget about your wagon).

I've had it happen after they steal a bunch of stuff from corpses and dead caravans outside my walls.

Ive never gotten kobolds anytime later than first autumn, usually before any caravans show up. After that, I never see them again, just goblin snatchers and ambushes

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:51 pm »

you know, there's a book where a guy is his own mother and father... The Man Who Folded Himself.

its not bad actually.

Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 09, 2010, 01:03:03 am »

well, look what I found in my most recent fort's civ file...

I checked her info on the legends screen. In addition to fighting a titan, She's also a grandmother.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

guess I better download Dwarf Companion so she doesn't wander off and die...

EDIT: DL'd dwarf companion. Holy mittens, how exactly did you alter Cacame to make him a functional member of your civ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:51:38 am by Fault »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »

well, look what I found in my most recent fort's civ file...

[pic]

I checked her info on the legends screen. In addition to fighting a titan, She's also a grandmother.

guess I better download Dwarf Companion so she doesn't wander off and die...

Shes female, you should get Deon to draw her.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 10, 2010, 05:34:57 pm »

Suffice to say that I do not want to see Deon's take on an ancient goblin grandmother

Just find some Queen Elizabeth picture and shade it green, I say.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »

Awesome. High five, Fault! You're probably the awesomenest person for it to happen to.

I never did get Cacame to become a "functional" member of society. The best I was able to do was get him to pick up a weapon and shield and then hang around in the dining hall.

To get your queen to come inside and hang around with the rest of your society, change her civilization tag to the same as your dwarves. Currently, she'll be set to the parent civ, but not the fort civ (though your fort is considered part of the same civ as your parent civ, they have different civ tags so that it can differentiate between the caravan and actual members of your fort. The tag doesn't get changed when non-dwarven nobles come). She'll come inside the fort and hang out in your meeting areas. She won't make any friends unless you kidnap some goblins and turn them into members of your civ.

To make her pick up weapons, you'll need to temporarily turn her into a dwarf, change her profession to a peasant, and then activate her. She'll go grab any weapon or shield you assign her, but she won't put on any armor. Then you turn her back into a queen and a goblin again and she'll go on carrying around her weapons.

I'd love to see her legends sheet.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:20 pm »

Also, I think she looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2010, 06:11:43 pm »

Something else funny I just noticed. She has a Dwarven name. But there are clearly goblins in the civ who retain goblin names (Ngokang is a common goblin name).

Any chance you could post the world gen parameters (and upload the raws if you've done any modding) so those of us interested can get a look at the world?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »

yeah the naming is a bit odd. I think she was born after the dwarves conquered her civ, and thus was given a dwarven name, while everything that existed before the dwarven conquest (including towns and buildings) retained its goblin name.

I'll see if I can get the parameters on that DF file repository, although my DF raw folder is very heavily modded. (other civs, experimental creatures, new plants and metals...)

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 10, 2010, 10:20:10 pm »

Yeah, my Cacame fort is heavily modded too. Zipping up the raw folder would be cool if you don't mind.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:19 pm »

OKAY, I GOT THIS

download link here

I hope it works, I included all the raws (objects and graphics) as well as all the necessary init and parameter data. (I also included my tileset, as my raw definitions will cause display problems without it)

(Ngokang is a common goblin name).

another reason I think ngokang is a goblin: Dwarven Civs don't usually have high priests.

Suffice to say that I do not want to see Deon's take on an ancient goblin grandmother

you jinxed it, sensei. Now that's going to happen. I hope you're happy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:29:57 pm by Fault »

Naresomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:25 pm »

Took the entire day, but finally finished the most epic thread I've laid eyes one. Somewhat depressing, when comparing it to my DF history... My forts rarely make it past 2 years, and nothing interesting happens outside of a random tantrum  spiral. -_-
Recaptcha Pictionary!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51755.0

"And on the 5th frame, He bowleth a strike, and there was much rejoicing to be had."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 11, 2010, 12:10:30 am »

It doesn't appear to be working for me. Which version of 40d are you using?

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 11, 2010, 12:26:37 am »

I think about 40d11-14.

I haven't changed my 40d version in a long while.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 11, 2010, 02:05:32 am »

you jinxed it, sensei. Now that's going to happen. I hope you're happy.
Do mind that gobbos are immortal.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 74