Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 535791 times)

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven king is an...
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:15:09 am »

So in my newest fortress, I uncover Mithril (got the Dig Deeper mod) within the first year. In the Spring, I get the message that my king has arrived, dressed as a peasant. I go to the noble screen, but he suspiciously isn't there. I then go and look for him on my unit screen. Instead of finding my dwarven noble, I find this disturbing image:

Thinking that this surely must be a mistake, I go to my civilization screen and look at my own civ. Sure enough, there he is, listed as my ruler:

And the weirdest thing about this is that my civilization is at war with the Elves. About 5 minutes before the King showed up, I beat the crap out of a massive Elf ambush.

I copied the region folder and then went and looked at the Legends and found out that my civ and his former civ were at war for many years, with the dwarves basically kicking the crap out of the elves for decades. In 90, the dwarves conquered his home city and placed a new dwarven governor in charge. Cacame was 7 at the time, and 5 years later, at the ripe old age of 12, he became a guard. Two years later, an elven attack injured his lower body and killed his wife (who was then eaten by the other elf). Two years after that, in 99, the dwarven king was killed in battle and somehow, Cacame became the leader of the civilization at the age of 16. I can only assume that his hatred of his other elves at eating his wife was so great that it impressed even the dwarves.

But now I'm stuck with a King who won't actually do anything, because he's considered "friendly" instead of a noble. All he's doing is hanging out at the edge of the map.

So am I pretty much doomed to have him go crazy shortly and lose my king?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 12:16:52 am »

Yes, he will go insane, and your civ got conqured by pansies, you dare call yourself dwarves?!

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:31:44 am »

Actually, my civ didn't get conquered. My civ conquered theirs for the most part (every battle ends with my civ winning and installing a new government in the elven city).

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:33:14 am »

Then that elf is a spy, you should be ashamed for letting an elf ruler on your map.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:37:30 am »

It's not really an elf, it's just a dwarf who loved killing elves so much every inch of his beard and skin is covered with elf leather!
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 12:37:41 am »

You should show him what happens when elves mingle with dwarves.

Cacame Awemedinade, Elf King, has died in the heat
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:28 am »

Well, he doesn't even move from the spot he arrived at, so magma would be a little difficult even if I wanted to.

I would have preferred to keep him, as it is something different. Perhaps I will build a bunch of cage traps around him for the inevitable berserkery and stick him in the royal quarters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:37:07 am »

Well, he doesn't even move from the spot he arrived at, so magma would be a little difficult even if I wanted to.

I would have preferred to keep him, as it is something different. Perhaps I will build a bunch of cage traps around him for the inevitable berserkery and stick him in the royal quarters.

Surround him with cage traps. Build support with floor tile nearby, collapse floor tile. Yay king in a cage.

Drop in magma.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:58:09 am »

Seems that he's doomed to die anyways. I think friendly humanoids eventiually starve to death in their cages anyways.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 05:15:29 am »

Well, go carve a crown from the bones of your king!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 05:32:24 am »

Seems that he's doomed to die anyways. I think friendly humanoids eventiually starve to death in their cages anyways.

However, they do not starve outside of cages if they are friendly. I have a human who is missing both legs and goes unconcious randomly in a pit with a bunch of Rhesus Macaques. They try to escape so they leave him alone but he just sits there. He hasn't moved for hmmm, 6 years now, I think.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 05:40:59 am »

If you do want to get rid of him, you could always build a roof attached to a single support over his head.

Then collapse it.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Divinebeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 05:46:10 am »

So according to what I can follow of that lore, he is a Dwarven King of Elves, right?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 05:59:21 am »

Wrong, he would be an Elven King of Dwarves.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Cockyy

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels task: Interrupted by Vomit
    • View Profile
    • You're mother.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 08:13:40 am »

Seems in the unplayed years of a world (world gen and legends) A king of one race (we'll use elf, like here) leading another race (dwarves, for example) plays out fine and he leads them to battle and stuff. It must be bugged for actual player use though. I reckon you do the old king in a cage trap move and bring him inside to safety, assuming he doesn't move back to his spot outside.
There was a signature here. Now it's gone.

;__;
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74