Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 535792 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2009, 07:56:11 am »

The Engraver Fault has created The glorious elf king, a watercolour image!

The Engraver Fault is more experienced.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2009, 08:03:18 am »

It's beautiful! Hang it in the King's dining room.

He must have dwarf admirers!
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2009, 08:15:08 am »

The 50 microcline reaction is brilliant.

I think i might see about adding my own picture of Cacame to the mix on friday, when i get some time off Uni.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2009, 08:20:59 am »

We'd be glad to see it.

(I have two successive holidays, which is why I've been mucking around here all day. My university rocks.)

EDIT: I just realizred that most of the drawings in this thread are filled with testosterone. (Even some of mine). Here's a bit of Pieta Plaigarism to soften that.

Sorta inspired by Fault's 3-parter. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:01:40 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2009, 10:52:45 am »

And now, to ruin the moment:

Stick an *Awesome Fork* in her, she's done.

;D
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:45 am »

It should have him beating to death the elf who ate half of her with the other half.  Gross I know but oh so funny
Nom nom nom

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »

This is truely epic and I bow before you oh liege.  Must create stories that cannot even come close to its epic awesomness.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:06 pm »

If you ask me, you should use DC to make him an adventurer. Or would having control over his actions make him less awesome?

The thing is, I'm not sure what he can do now to be more awesome. We really need the military arc.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2009, 01:21:27 pm »

It should have him beating to death the elf who ate half of her with the other half.  Gross I know but oh so funny

Or a half-empty bottle of BBQ sauce in the background.  ;D

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2009, 03:02:17 pm »

You guys are fantastic. If not for you, I wouldn't have even tried putting Cacame up against the dragon and watching him utterly demolish it. I had to put him in the cage because it's the easiest way to get him into any one area (besides chaining him up) because the game still treats him like a tamed animal.

I have no idea what the ASM is, but I'm fine with Cacame going into anything you like.

Also, this is just my personal opinion (and I believe Cacame has absolutely grown beyond just my perception of him), but I don't actually see him with a beard (probably because most of the drawing you guys have done do not feature one). In my mind, he refuses to wear one, because he doesn't believe he's earned it yet because he hasn't wiped out the civ that ate his wife or something. Also, I think the "Competent" next to his Hammer skill is in fact actually what he believes his skill level to be, because if he was actually Legendary, he would be splitting the world in half with each swing.

The saddest thing about the next version will be that I can't carry this fortress forward, since it's supposedly going to break saves. But if by some miracle it doesn't, Cacame will be leading the charge to conquer the world.

The more I've been playing this fortress, the more it has become a concentrated ball of awesome. Beyond Cacame and all the stuff involving him, I've got a champion named Onul Shootchamber the Mechanical Ravager of Deciding (who is a Legendary Marksdwarf), about half of the fortress worships a god named Vucar, who is most often depicted as a skeletal male dwarf and is associated with death and fortresses (possibly the most apt dwarf god of all time), and I'm pretty sure my Baroness Consort has a split personality. I mean, check out her personality profile:

She is somewhat reserved, yet assertive. She is self-disciplined, yet impulsive. She is compassionate, yet does not go out of her way to help others.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:05:43 pm by Holy Mittens »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

Wow, this thread turned from unmemorable to epic. I'm impressed!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »

train him up to legendary with captured creatures. A legendary king must have skills to match.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »

And now, to ruin the moment:

Stick an *Awesome Fork* in her, she's done.

;D

"WTF, man. Seriously. WTF."

"We were... we were hungry."

"So you ate my wife!"

"Well... we're elves, that's what we do."

"Screw this, I'm wiping out you and your whole civilization."

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2009, 04:49:14 pm »

Not enough teen angst.  Wasn't he like 16 when he joined the dwarves?

Imagine just how much stronger he'd get when he got older.  :o
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2009, 04:53:50 pm »

So...he's the Dwarf Fortress equivalent of Darth Vader?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 74