Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

how do you want the magic system to?

(1/16) > >>

wilsonns:
Title...
I want a skill system, with the types of magic, like necromancy, white magic, fire magic... and each type of magic have his own spells

LordZorintrhox:
Uh, I suggest this is moved to the suggestions sub-forum.  And I am pretty sure there are plenty of topics in that forum regarding this.

In all honesty, the most DF-esque system would probably be like the one in the HERO System RPG rules.  That system is "generic," so basically any ability is built out of a library of genericized (though usually not in name) rules that fit together like a puzzle.  Such a system would allow magical systems to be randomly generated along with the world, so each world would have its quirks.

Might make it hard to play, though.

blue emu:
Sounds cool to me... that way, you would have to LEARN magic, just like your Dwarf does.

Beanchubbs:
Couldn't you just have magic users as a certain military class? Instead of giving them weapons, you would give them a spellbook or something and then they would train their skills in the appropriate area (like archery ranges and barracks). I think that would at least be a good start for magic implementation then it can expand later.

WhatDoesThisLeverDo:
I'd rather it be kept less systematic, aka everytime you generate a world, a new set of magic is created. And like they said, that magic would have to be learnt. For example, perhaps a mage would simply have to study to get more spells or whatever, rather than training. Or through trade get new spells? Or immigration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version