Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

When Sieges go wrong

(1/4) > >>

kilakan:
Ok so I tried a bit of modding and I caused a siege to come at 7000 wealth on my first early summer. There was 10 spearmen and 4 wrestlers. I am surprised at the lack of diversity and pissed that they are all really skilled. Locked myself inside (only 7 dwarves) but the siegers arn't leaving so I really hope my two slightly skilled guys can take them. anyone care to share their tales of horrible un-provoked attacks?

Martin:
One marksdwarf from an elevated position can break the siege. You have any construction that might accommodate that?

kilakan:
na I was just starting the inner wall when the siege came.........  :'(

Hippoman:
Keep them off duty so they keep training.

kefkakrazy:
See, when I got my first orc siege on this one fortress, I had been setting up this immense diversion route-something where, when I closed a set of floodgates, all traffic in and out of the fort got diverted from a one-tile-long route from staircase to staircase, to a huge hallway a couple hundred tiles. I locked the front door, then rigged it into a drownitorium by diverting the plumbing for my farm (fed by a windmill/pump from a brook, this setup being contained in a walled enclosure). This worked pretty well, and this fort broke several sieges until one day one lucky orc wrestler and his GIANT WOLF SPIDER MOUNT broke away from the pack and got out before the chamber sealed. He was eventually beaten, but he killed like eight dwarves and nearly put me into a tantrum spiral. I got tired of the fort, since several of my better workers got eaten by the spider and the rest of the dwarves were being whiny brats about their poor lovers and best friends getting spidered to death, so I opened the floodgates and diverted the brook into the fort.

Stayed awake for two hours watching the place flood. It was glorious. The last batch sheltered in the drownitorium, built butcher shops, and butchered all the surviving animals, then waited for the water to claim them. One dwarf, trapped in his bedroom with 5/7 water, survived long after two or three entire levels above him were completely submerged. Made it to proficient swimmer before he died of either thirst or starvation-I remember finding that dwarves wouldn't drink water on their own level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version