Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Post your t-shirt ideas!  (Read 26033 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Post your t-shirt ideas!
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 02:12:50 pm »

I WANT NOW
Was searching around today....anyone know if these are legit:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/habeeb/t-shirts/7215863-dwarf-fortress-white
http://www.redbubble.com/people/habeeb/t-shirts/7215856-dwarf-fortress-black

This "Habeeb" person is certainly trying to sell Dwarf Fortress tees, and has the game name as well as the iconic graphic.  I dunno if they're donating the money they make (if any) to Toady, or if Tarn even knows about it.  I'm not sure how much legal ground he has to stand on if this is unlicensed, but it's pretty blatant.
It's not like unicode character 0x263a is copyrighted or anything... but the tags are obviously meant to advertise it as a DF tee. A little sleazy if he's not passing the proceeds on, but nothing illegal.

That's what  I meant; I know the character isn't legally Tarn's, but I didn't know if advertising it SPECIFICALLY as a DF tee was kosher or not.  Probably murky ground (and a simple name-change in the store would resolve that, since the shirt itself bears no reference to DF beyond the public domain image).  I just more wanted to bring it to the community's attention to see if anyone had heard of this person and whether or not they were helping Tarn, and to warn fans away if this person isn't.  I'm sure we'd all rather support an endeavor that doesn't allow someone else to profit off Tarn's hard work.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 08:49:03 pm »

<snip>
Early stages, any feedback?

lol keep up the good work!

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »

This is message board post. In the post is written a message. The message says "I really want cool DF merchandise". The post is written in the Roman alphabet with flourishes of smilies. It menaces with tears.  ;D

Evile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:27 am »

Three ampersands and the moon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]