Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dual Volcano seed  (Read 3905 times)

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dual Volcano seed
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:08:00 pm »

Pretty funny oddity while I was making new world map, there's two 'volcano mountains' next to each other  :)

Didn't check the other volcano sites though, but the one I checked was ~21 levels deep of volcano and same for chasm...  :D

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Volcano seed
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

Can you get a fortress with both on the map?

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

edit: Oops, should read first, post then   :)

edit2:

This is the approx location of the sites. The orange is the volcano, the blue is the pit (chasm). They both reach almost the highest levels of the mountain and go waaaay deep  :)

[ November 02, 2007: Message edited by: Deto ]

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »

Uuh, that's not even on the volcano... It's just a normal mountain tile with a magma vent near a volcano...

Anyone interested in a world seed with a free-standing good-aligned volcano in the woods with a magma vent, a magma lake, a chasm and a water lake all within a small area?

For good measure there's a Kobold city on the other side of the mountain, as well as a cave river and chasm-pit somewhere...

The same world has an evil-aligned volcano in a good-aligned shrubland... I didn't explore the features in that one, as it's so large z-wise it hurts my computer, but it has the brook and vent really close together.

I imagine someone would be interested:

The world also has at least one site where good and evil vegetated areas meet by a mountain, allowing you to have every type of shurb and every type of tree... except highwood...

It also has an absolutely huge named peak sticking out of a good-aligned forest, as well as a nice volcano sticking out of a good-aligned forest...
(I'm a huge fan of good-aligned forests, you see.)

Just ask if you need help finding any of these landmarks.

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 04:20:00 am »

oooh... its not a volcano?  :)

Btw, what's the difference between deep red and light red ^?

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 11:15:00 am »

Probably a stupid question, but where can the world seed be found after the world is generated?

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »

I seeded the number "666" for laughs.  There's nothing really special about that world, but one thing that is interesting is that there is an area not far from a gobbo-infested region where there are hidden magma vents surrounded by badlands.  What's weird is, these aren't volcanoes, so you can't see them on the larger regional map, only by looking closely at the local map.  When I'm better at the new version I think I'll give those maps a whirl!