Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants you to do it again

(1/131) > >>

Sensei:
Date: 2563.1.1
Mutiny
The new years festival was a disaster. Those short, bearded folk, the arms dealers, threw a fit over the sheer shortage of rum that winter's pillaging had yielded. As if they had already had too much to drink, they managed to inflict severe damage to your station on the way out. That was it- after a disaster like that, which would surely mean ANOTHER year of terrible booty, someone decided the captain had to go down. And people followed him.

Wait, there's the jerk mounting the podium now, over the old captain's dead body no less. Maybe it's not too bad- from the look of his mustache, he probably won't be as tight-fingered with the drink as your old captain. He announces that his name is Sensei (that can't possibly be what his mother called him) and that he's looking for some scallywags to pilot the light fighters.

Also, he announces that in the rebellion, most of the starcharts were lost. All that's left is a map of the Trade Belt- mostly asteroids colonized by the Tribunal, an organization that thrives on commerce. They don't like pirates- at least, not close to the homeworld. Fortunately, you're not close to the homeworld, so you should be able to deal on the asteroids. There's also the conveniently nearby Ion Corridor, the fastest way to traverse the Trade Belt. He also notes that our old maps not merely filled in what was missing here, but were much larger altogether.

Spoiler: I'm a map! (click to show/hide)
Last updated 10/20/09
Right now, your old capital ship, The Keg Chugger, is under major repairs. It would be best to get it repaired before going anywhere, since the frigates -presently- aren't equipped with their own warp drives. He now says that anyone interested should step up and choose a frigate, before five or six other people do:

The Rupert is the fastest frigate. It sports two machine guns, two deflectors, and a gatling gun. It's not very heavily armored, but it's possible to use both deflectors on the front, which requires enemies to flank you. That's why it's the fastest.

The Dojo Prototype is good, but... it isn't done yet. While it has more armor and firepower from the Rupert, there are no deflectors and a bit of the core is exposed from the front. While fairly maneuverable, it's also not as fast. It does, however, have two gatling guns and two blasters.

Lastly, the Ugly Duckling is a missile boat. It sports one high-powered torpedo, and one machine gun. Best used from far away, as it has a wide frontal profile and little armor.

Those willing state your...
Name:
Ship color:
Profile: (appearance, character traits, etc)

Oh, and you'd better hurry... it looks like we have spies from the DRM- The Directory for Rusticating Marauders, a Tribunal anti-piracy organization. We're picking up a few boogies coming our way, just now that we're at our weakest.

PLAYERS:

Spoiler: shadowDUMP (click to show/hide)Name: SHADOWdump
Color: Maroon
Ship: Dojo
Profile: "Those ships are going to blow up in weird ways."
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)Name: Sirius Arkham
Ship model: Dojo, nicknamed Full Frontal Lobotomy
Ship color: Blue
Profile: A seasoned pirate of many years, Sirius signed up with his last remaining ship after he took part in the failed pirate invasion of a small colony in the asteroid belt "Pride of Hardent", known for its founding family, the Hardents. The pirate fleet was made up of many of the greatest pirates in the system, but only Arkham's smallest ship and its crew survived.

Sirius is a hardened man, caring only for loot, plunder, and his 3-year old son Wilbur, who he is forced to bring with him, despite the danger due to the government's cold-hearted attempt to kill him. Wilbur's nanny is a 30-year old, massive man that only goes by the nickname "Kong"; strong and silent, he only speaks when it is necessary to protect Wilbur.

The captain of the ship's marines, Hayley Vil'nsmile is the only female marine in history, but is notably ruthless and cold-hearted. Her lieutenant is Phil Tazment, a former naval garrison trooper who defected to the pirates' side after a police officer killed his wife, and was not punished.

The navigator, Gary Busey, is borderline insane. That's really all there is to say. The chef is Jordan Niles; known for her strange obsession with incredibly spicy food. The chief engineer, Welshy, is generally ignored save for comic relief. There is a strange alien on board named Fluffy, who only speaks in indecipherable honking noises. Finally, there is Wil Wheaton. Yes, the actor Wil Wheaton. No one knows how he got there, and no one cares. Everyone hates him, without exception.
Spoiler: Zorgn (click to show/hide)Name: Zorgn
Ship color: Black
Ship model: Rupert Class, Wanderer
Profile: Paranoid, crazy prepared, etc. Making the rest up as I go along.
Spoiler: Zchris13 (click to show/hide)Gender: Male
Ship color: PURPLE PLOX
Ship Model: Imperial Heavy Cruiser

Profile: A disillusioned Utean Imperial Navy captain, joined our party after being demoted for asking too many questions.Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)Name: The RAM
Ship model: Aegis
Ship color: Dark purple with light purple highlights.

Profile: It is the same old tale, someone releases an interconnecting virus and a few trillion hosts later it achieves sentience. But unfortunately people don't know how to get over massive data loss and tend to get a little vengeful. Barely managing to download into a ship's core before being deleted. I was built into a small gunboat and fled into deep space before anyone noticed. Now I am hoping to run into some unscrupulous types who won't bother figuring out why I never leave the ship so long as I get results. Otherwise I expect my engines to wear out eventually, assuming my sanity doesn't give in first...Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)Name: Red
Ship model:
Ship color: Red

WAITING LIST:
Akigakak
Diakron
Spartan 117
You will be PM'ed when you're up. Even if you aren't playing, feel free to post in the thread!

Luke_Prowler:
Your pic link is bad.

Sensei:
I've been having this error, seen below. It occurs whenever I try to run the game. I tried reinstalling, then redownloading and reinstalling. Yes, I have run the game before without problems. I think it's connected to my recently installing Planetside. Anyone know of a fix?
for object GUI_MainTitle:

Error defining an external function.

SHAD0Wdump:
You got Vista?

I seriously do not recommend installing BSF to program files. Just put it in the root directory.

major_sephiroth:
I use Vista, and the game and editor work fine for me. Little thing for anyone using vista, don't install ANYTHING to program files. Make a 'Games' folder somewhere or a 'Stuff' folder. Things will have significantly less problems. So, re-install the game somewhere other than program files and try again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version