Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Your worst/hilarious modding disasters.  (Read 4358 times)

Polymorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your worst/hilarious modding disasters.
« on: August 08, 2009, 08:39:02 pm »

I was messing around with the raws when I decided to make ANY part [GRASP]. Now, I had only gotten as far as giving it to all the fingers and the mouth when I decided to test it out in adventure mode. Apparently, you get a piece of equipment for each [GRASP] capable part. But that's not all. Somehow, I HAD FIVE FINGERS ON EACH FINGER :o, leaving me with an iron sword in my mouth, two iron shields in my hands, and FIFTY IRON SHIELDS IN MY FINGERS. Needless to say, my movements were slowed until I practiced throwing them. But I realized I was still going slow, even though my speed was listed at 1000. That's when a horrifying revelation hit me. EVERYONE ELSE WAS HOLDING 53 ITEMS! And I was in a huge 100+ population city at the time.

So, what's the craziest thing you've done when modding?

Edit: And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I thought it should go here because it's modding related.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:50:55 pm by Polymorph »

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst/hilarious modding disasters.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 08:48:59 pm »

Somewhere in my raws, something is messed up to the point where various vermin have religions. My turtles worship the god of muck, while the monarch butterflies worship the god of rainbows. It doesn't affect gameplay at all. It only shows up in legends mode.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:12:26 pm »

Probably means you've got yourself a duplicate entry somewhere :P

I've been entertaining myself by deliberately creating duplicate entries to try and get something playable (Dwarf Fortress: CRAZY Edition). So far i've had empires of Purring Maggots, Cave Crocodiles, Dragons (eeee) and i was able to start a fortress of Carp (who promptly airdrowned.)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »

to they post above me. it's not actually a glitch I have a vanilla DF and there are cockroach gods and a few gods of small furry animals..... but for my worst one was not giving my custom orcs throats so when they sieged they all promptly chocked to death.  Also I have a lizard manish race that I accidentally added an extra zero on their size and when i looked in the legends there was multiple accounts of babies biting the head off of dragons...... I feel sorry for the elves cause I made them very conflicting and there was almost two wars every year between the giant lizardmen and the elves with about 200 elf deaths per battle and 1 or 2 lizard deaths....... I can decided they might better as megabeasts that come in groups.
Nom nom nom

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:24 am »

some mods got their wires crossed, and I wound up with a nameless creature whose leather ended up being very popular (written as "   leather").
However, any clothing made form this beast's leather would spontaneously boil when it entered my map! Anyone caught in the cloud of boiling leather would then FREEZE to death!
it caused great fun.
I have pics, I'll post them later.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 01:06:49 pm »

i was making a race that ONLY uses bone and wood.Turns out, i end up with a civilization worshiping bones and hanging bones on trees and some random gods envolving metal,and not bones!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »

and hanging bones on trees
What does it mean? Sounds fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »

random gods envolving metal
Maybe they revered metal so much they refused to use it in everyday mundane tasks.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:54:07 pm »

I've been entertaining myself by deliberately creating duplicate entries to try and get something playable (Dwarf Fortress: CRAZY Edition). So far i've had empires of Purring Maggots, Cave Crocodiles, Dragons (eeee) and i was able to start a fortress of Carp (who promptly airdrowned.)

wow. I'd like to see the raws for that...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 09:32:19 pm »

I ended up with a civ of lizards.
Here's the funny part:
Checking legends, they won OVER FIFTY wars.
When I went to their towns, everybody dropped everything and almost everybody fainted.
I then killed everybody with my sword.
Lots of fun.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:45 pm »

One semimegabeast I made was a giant lizard-scorpion thing with perma-paralysis venom and incredibly strong armor-like skin. Then I went to hunt it in adventure mode.

When I got there, I couldn't land a blow on him, but he had grey wounds all over and didn't move. Oh well.

Also it randomly teleported ten spaces away every fifty frames or so. No idea why, but teleport it did.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 02:38:44 am »

wow. I'd like to see the raws for that...

Just start duplicating creatures, i think the fortress of carp was a duplicate dromedary entry, but i wasn't paying much attention to what exactly i was duplicating.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 02:59:39 am »

some mods got their wires crossed, and I wound up with a nameless creature whose leather ended up being very popular (written as "   leather").
However, any clothing made form this beast's leather would spontaneously boil when it entered my map! Anyone caught in the cloud of boiling leather would then FREEZE to death!
it caused great fun.
I have pics, I'll post them later.

This sounds incredible
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 02:58:21 pm »

It was incredible, until the merchants brought bins and bins of " leather" which exploded as soon as they dropped them in the Trade Depot

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 03:46:41 pm »

Yeah, it's a very very old, but still fun thing :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2 3 4