Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your worst/hilarious modding disasters.  (Read 4359 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst/hilarious modding disasters.
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 10:17:02 pm »

I modded a lizard man civ to has a powerful bite and when I entered the town a child bites the heads off of 5 dire wolves.... the child didn't even get scratched.
Nom nom nom

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »

Dwarves with 3 heads.
Giant Steel Squid (everything died in worldgen)
Ice Giants, unfortunately dying from heat since they spawned in the DESERT.

Enatai

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_MODDING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »

Once I attempted to make metals that were greater than Adamantine.  Naturally I set their melting temperature rather high since I figured "why not?"  I also made them more abundant than Adamantine, since I like playing in extreme fortresses were like five goblins can come in and kill like a bajillion dwarves just with cool bolts and things.  BIG MISTAKE.  So I start a fortress in a big swath of this stuff.  INSTANTLY it boils, so now I'm playing in a (possibly toxic) fog of superheated metal.  My idiot of a hunter/fisherman starts trying to fish, runs right into this field of goo (which has turned the regular old grass into an inferno) and dies of the heat a second later.  His lover, already testy, tantrums, which means I'm fucked because she was my defender, so she kills all but two of my remaining dwarves, which manage somehow to subude (read: kill) her, but by now the fire's very close to the starting position and they both die a short while later.

The entire thing was about as fun as it gets.  I need to start recording more.

Also, when I worked on 4chan Fortress (and this was actually a happy accident), all the Anons made most everything out of hemp.  Somehow I got some data buggered up and I ended up with things like hemp swords, etc.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 11:30:24 pm »

My worst and only real mixup of note was trying to make an invasive virulent species of Mushroom, that had various natural weapons. I am still unable to get them to stand still, but when making the Body for them, a simple capitalization error lead to them growing out of the backs of Two Humped camels, I am tempted to go back and leave that strain in just for the fun of it.

also If you have ever fought the gremlins and similar creatures in game, they do massive amounts of damage really fast by jumping on their enemyis head and biting away, now imagine an army of them with armor... nuff said.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 09:15:30 am »

Once I attempted to make metals that were greater than Adamantine.  Naturally I set their melting temperature rather high since I figured "why not?"  I also made them more abundant than Adamantine, since I like playing in extreme fortresses were like five goblins can come in and kill like a bajillion dwarves just with cool bolts and things.  BIG MISTAKE.  So I start a fortress in a big swath of this stuff.  INSTANTLY it boils, so now I'm playing in a (possibly toxic) fog of superheated metal.  My idiot of a hunter/fisherman starts trying to fish, runs right into this field of goo (which has turned the regular old grass into an inferno) and dies of the heat a second later.  His lover, already testy, tantrums, which means I'm fucked because she was my defender, so she kills all but two of my remaining dwarves, which manage somehow to subude (read: kill) her, but by now the fire's very close to the starting position and they both die a short while later.

The entire thing was about as fun as it gets.  I need to start recording more.

Also, when I worked on 4chan Fortress (and this was actually a happy accident), all the Anons made most everything out of hemp.  Somehow I got some data buggered up and I ended up with things like hemp swords, etc.

Hahaha... yeah. It's funny to watch people do that. In programming, you can't have infinitely large numbers. There's a limit to how high you can set those things until it loops back to negative numbers or zero. Cue instant boiling EVERYTHING.

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 09:19:51 am »

Having a [HOMEOTHERM] set within 50 degrees of absolute zero, and testing for three hours, trying to figure out why the hell the creature was freezing to death in appropriate temperatures - and then discovering that I had left [STANDARD_FLESH] in.

*facedesk*
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 07:53:11 pm »

I'll let this speak for itself..

The Strifeful Doom, Fox squirrels
 Worship List
  Orspusm, deity: labor
  Xung“, deity: peace, depravity, lust
  Oslu the Climax of Waving, deity: forgiveness, mercy, lightning, the rain
  Nuklat the Guard of Helms, deity: generosity, sacrifice
  Ustxu, deity: hunting, fishing, fish
  Nunlod, deity: lies, fertility
  Totsnost Shellscages, deity: laws, oaths
  ˇtkust, deity: the dawn, twilight
 Ruler List

• Dostngosp Sandalthieves (b.??? d. 4, Reign Began: 1), *** Original Line, Married (d. 12)

4 Children -- Ages at death: 3 2 1 0
      Worshipped ˇtkust (40%)

• Nguslu Dungeonentries (b.??? d. 12, Reign Began: 5), *** New Line, Married (d. 4)

4 Children -- Ages at death: 11 10 9 8
      Worshipped ˇtkust (23%)

• Amxu Warmthmenaced (b.???, Reign Began: 13), *** New Line, Married

10 Children -- Ages: 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202
      Worships Totsnost Shellscages (96%)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 10:15:39 pm »

I created a race of androids, who couldn't walk, nor grasp anything, they sucked sooooo much ass.
I decided I would load up adventurer mode, and kill their king, for the lolz.
I travel to the city of damblock 12, and instantly meet the king.
I attack, the shot is deflected, I try again.
He counterstrikes, and my upper body is turned into a lump of gore.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 09:12:33 am »

I was roaming around in adventure mode, when a Byahki (a modded creature) ambush gets me. I couldn't see anything except for the little flash you get when more than one creature occupies a tile. The creature is supposed to use the tile B in colour 0:0:1. why did they appear as invisible? (P.S. It was nighttime)
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »

Dwarves with 3 heads.
Look behind you, it's a three-headed dwarf!
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]