Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strange mood/ Odd occurance  (Read 1190 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange mood/ Odd occurance
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:23:23 pm »

Just recently I got my second wave of migrants and the first strange mood of this fortress. A metalsmith shows up as one of the new migrants (like the first or second one) and is immediately withdraws from society :-\. The announcements for new migrants and the strange mood were like 15 seconds apart.

I thought that a new migrant (w/ flashing gray X) couldn't be taken by a fel mood, or was I just presuming that?

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood/ Odd occurance
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:02:43 pm »

The same thing happened to me- a clothier walked onto the map, went about 7 steps then got possessed, I think. It was some kind of mood, I just don't remember which one.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:22:31 pm »

Yeah, it was wierd, but mine was a weponsmith who just stood around for a while. I got a little nervous because I thought he would crack and start killing the migrants walking by, but I figured that this was so because I didnt build a forge yet. So I did and he went In and took two iron bar piles and is still making the artifact.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »

Only 2 bars? Well at least you get a weapon of some sort rather than an Iron earring or something.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 06:55:39 pm »

Yeah, he was a weaponsmith, but he might have taken more, I only witnessed two and (possibly) missed some.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:03 pm »

You could always 't' into the building items and see what is TaSKed for the artifact.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:43:54 pm by Nexii Malthus »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:17 pm »

You can see a list of what items he's gathered with the (t) button and selecting the workshop he's in.

EDIT: ninja'd, nevermind.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 08:35:03 pm »

Well, you're lucky that it's at least iron.

Once, I had a plethora of steel bars, and my weaponsmith got a mood. I was like, "Ohh yesss, he's gonna make an artifact steel battle axe," but then he splurged and made a billon mace instead. FML.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 09:02:09 pm »

I did the "t" thing and there were only two things: an anvil and the andesite used to build it. I got a message earlier about him starting a mysterious creation and when I "q" over the building it doesnt have any drawings or demands from him. Could it be that he is too far along the process for me to see the tasked items, or is it something else?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:42 pm »

I think that the thing possessing him is melting the bars into a weapon with his mind and that the weapon smith is just standing in the forge with the metal melting and forming in his hands. I believe that is why they don't need coke. holy freaking shit while I was typing one of my gem cutters cut a perfect ruby worth 900,000 it has platinum and aluminum and ruby decorations YAY for MY NORMALLY USELESS GEM CUTTER... now back to the original broadca.... er post
Nom nom nom

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 09:12:51 pm »

I knew about the not needing fuel thing, but the fact that the iron isnt tasked means that he is just already melted and started forging them?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »

Yeah, at least you're getting an Iron weapon out of it. Best weapon artifact I've gotten out of a mood in my current fort was something like a copper axe. An artifact copper axe, but still.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »

Well, he went insane (damn). I was looking forward to that artifact weapon. I still dont know why though, because I got an announcement that he had all the objects necessary and began a "working secretively" or something like that.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:16 pm »

His mind powers must not have been strong enough to melt the bars. After staring at them for months, he began to go insane.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 10:07:09 pm »

Oh no, how did that happen?

I've never had someone go insane while creating the artifact.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: [1] 2