Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What to do with Giant Eagle  (Read 2434 times)

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
What to do with Giant Eagle
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:58:45 pm »

I just got a Giant Eagle from the Elven Traders. What do you suggest I do with it.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with Giant Eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:59:37 pm »

Use it as a scout, make a flying civ race and use it as your D-fence.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »

Unleash it into an immense cavern and direct invasions you receive into its lair to be slaughtered by the beast. If you are worried it might be killed, wait until you get another giant eagle of the opposite sex and then have them establish a breeding pool before unleashing it against your foes.

detinith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:47:11 pm »

train it as a war animal and your dungeon master will have a permanent personal guard :D

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »

Falcon eagle punch.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:16 pm »

Get a breeding pair then let the female fly around during a siege. It will drop eagle babies onto the siegers heads.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:44:21 pm »

This is why I can forgive the elves' faults. They're obnoxious, but the humans never come offering to sell dire wolves at reasonable prices.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

I once caught a Skeagle and would make it battle a dragon I captured in my multileveled arena. The fights would always be amazing, especially since the cages they were released from were 4 z levels up from the floor where the loser would fall to.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Humberticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 09:29:31 pm »

This is why I can forgive the elves' faults. They're obnoxious, but the humans never come offering to sell dire wolves at reasonable prices.

This. They don't even need to bother with their bins and bins of crappy cloth, I just get excited to see what new animals theyve brought. I've got quite a few giant jaguars, though they aren't as tough against goblins as I wanted them to be.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:13 pm »

FIRST OF ALL check its health.

I got a giant tiger from the elves once, turned out he had nerve damages and a broken spleen. He died from old age after just 2 years.

edit:

This. They don't even need to bother with their bins and bins of crappy cloth, I just get excited to see what new animals theyve brought. I've got quite a few giant jaguars, though they aren't as tough against goblins as I wanted them to be.

I don't forgive their faults considering the quality of the merchandise. The bastards have just picked up the old and dying animals from the forest floor and shipped them off to us dwarves for profit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:37:05 pm by Aspgren »
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 12:36:52 am »

That is all fine though if you get yourself a breeding pair.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 02:21:04 am »

Eat that fucker.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 02:51:43 am »

Give the PLAINS entity (the Humans) the [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] tag. They will now bring you random animals just like the Elves, and if you're feeling particulary cheaty you can even request animals from them. Like Giant Cave Spiders.

If you give them the use good animals and use evil animals tags you should be able to get unicorns and such from them too, and possibly even skeletal animals if they're in an evil area.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 02:59:51 am »

Skeletal Giant Cave Spiders.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 03:04:48 am »

Skeletal Giant Cave Spiders.

Seen those once, they ate me. Reclaimed with ~60 dorfs, got eaten again. Gave up.
Pages: [1] 2