Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

What to do with Giant Eagle

<< < (6/6)

Neruz:
They used to object to bone and other animal products, but ever since they started eating the corpses of their foes on the battlefield they've gotten substantially less squeamish.

Now they only object if you sell them their beloved trees.

smjjames:
I did try to sell some of their own goods back to them (goblin ambush=dead elves) thinking that it would be elf-kosher, but nope.

If they don't like wood products, then why do they even make and sell them?

I can plausibly see them making use of fallen branches, but they would have to be HUGE branches for some of the things they sell.

Edit: Update on the eagle thing, I tried to use a military dwarf to sort of herd her in the right direction but she just went higher in the sky and eastward off the map. So much for capturing her....

Aspgren:

--- Quote from: Neruz on August 11, 2009, 03:04:48 am ---
--- Quote from: Vester on August 11, 2009, 02:59:51 am ---Skeletal Giant Cave Spiders.

--- End quote ---

Seen those once, they ate me. Reclaimed with ~60 dorfs, got eaten again. Gave up.

--- End quote ---

Lies. They aren't that strong.

Hell I killed 3 of them in one evil chasm. I lost a fair deal of dwarves sure, not from the spiders though.
1 fell into a well during sparring and drowned.
2-3 fell into the chasm when troglodytes pushed them.

That's it. A miner found one of the SGCS while the military who were supposed to aid him fetched a drink ... I ordered everyone to join up and attack. They killed it without much trouble, poor miner who found him lost his left hand, though.

smjjames:
I haven't even MET a GCS yet. May have something to do with the fact that I had invasions off for a long while, even though I've run into the remnants of their webs.

I have invasions back on since it was getting boring without the goblin raids and sieges, plus it stops megabeasts from showing up.

Bouchart:

--- Quote from: Aspgren on August 10, 2009, 09:34:13 pm ---FIRST OF ALL check its health.

I got a giant tiger from the elves once, turned out he had nerve damages and a broken spleen. He died from old age after just 2 years.

--- End quote ---

An injured animal won't die faster from old age.  Also, if you can get a dwarf to adopt an injured animal, and the dwarf has Animal Caretaking, it'll watch the animal suffer and gain experience.  It's an easy way to get a legendary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version