Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Extremely pretentious craftsdwarf

(1/4) > >>

Zantan:
I was just looking at the descriptions of my artifacts, and noticed that my artifact alder grate has an image of an andesite bracelet (how a wood carving can indicate the material of the bracelet is beyond me).  This was fairly specific, so I checked my other artifacts, and sure enough, the artifact before this one had been an andesite bracelet.  I assumed that this was what was being referenced on the grate, but when I looked at the description for the andesite bracelet, it too had an image of an andesite bracelet.  Do I have two artifacts which refer to some mythic andesite bracelet from the Age of Legends?  Or did my craftsdwarf decide that the most important thing to document was his own creations?  If so, is this a bug, or serious pretentiousness?

As a more general side note, what am I supposed to do if I want more information on the history which my artifacts document?  From what I understand, I would have to abandon my fortress and use Legends mode...

Danarca:
No, your bracelet is featuring itself.

Murphy:
Go to data/init/init.txt, find the [SHOW_ALL_HISTORY_IN_DWARF_MODE:NO] tag and switch it to yes. You should then be able to see the history behind the engravings and decorations.

Nexii Malthus:
Yeah, it is refering itself.

Also you can enable historic info in the init.txt for artifacts, images and engravings.

nutzy:
Truly self indulgent dwarfs will even name their artifact after themselves  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version