Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

AARRGGHHH!!!

(1/2) > >>

AtomicDragon:
Been waiting desperatly for an anvil to start my metal crafting.  When the first caravan arrived, I didn't have enough trade goods.  The second year I was all ready, but they must have loaded all of the anvils into one wagon, because the traders came and left before that one last wagon could reach my depot!  I never got to trade.  :(

Maybe next year.

I've actually had a shortage of stone, which hurt my early crafting.  I'm building my fortress in the walls of a bottomless pit, and my dining room is hanging out over the pit with glass windows around the perimiter and grates on the floor to let the eventual mist from the giant faucet hanging over the bottomless pit to drain out.

Jim Groovester:
You can always confiscate an anvil by ordering it to be dumped out of the trade depot.

dragon0421:
Are you requesting them? Both the dwarves and humans tend to bring 3 or 4 every year and I never request them.

sdu:
Did u guys even bother to read his post? lol. He's getting anvils with his caravans but due to one reason or another he's never able to actually trade for one (lack of trade goods/caravan never reached TD)

If you're lookin for advice i'd just make the TD closer to a map edge and make sure there's a nice straight path going there.

I can comiserate with your lack of stone problem. I had the same thing when i first encountered an aquifer in a desert map. I thought my dwarves would be hunter-gatherers defending a wooden castle forever.

AtomicDragon:
My depot, and the entire fortress, is right next to the north edge of the map, but the caravan comes from the west and has to go over an enormous mountain.

Looks like my next project is to dig them a tunnel.  Should help my stone shortage too.  Mining for ordinary stone on purpose just feels weird.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version