Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Flame Maidens

(1/1)

evanvolker:
I installed the legendary lands mod and I started on a pretty neat site with a magma pipe that has a surface opening surrounded by cliffside. I thought "oh hey, the magma imps wouldnt be able to climb out and set my beards on fire", and they didnt. Then all of a sudden flying red "M"s of death rose up from the magma, flew over the cliffs, set everything on the map on fire. (booze, beards, trees and all) and rained general death and destruction onto my poor adventurous dwarfs. And alas, that was the end of my dwarf fortress. I decided to reclaim and bring some military dwarfs to deal with them, but they all ended in a fiery death as well. So, I washed an repeated a few times untill I was bringing almost 50 dwarfs along. They couldnt kill even one of those bastards. Any suggestions?

Oh, nother question: Can fish and the like be pumped through a screw pump?

Phantom:
Harmless:Yes
Carp and other dangerous fish: Nope

Lord Dakoth:
This is the point where you ask yourself, "Is this site really worth all the trouble?"

(If you answer yourself out loud, it's a sign of terminal insanity.)

lucusLoC:
The solution is always magma.

Oh wait.....

Sensei:
The problem is, ALL magma is probably loaded with the things.

Anyway, to mitigate the danger, use dirt roads 2 or more tiles across to prevent fires from spreading. Also, lots of crossbows and lots of hammers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version