Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Just how bad is ... fire ... exactly?

(1/7) > >>

milaga:
So my weaponsmith nicked the edge of a magma pipe and died a fiery death. I get that. Unfortunately it flooded the access to the magma pipe as well as the route to the bauxite and bituminous coal. The elves are no help since I've got about 200 logs in my megastructure. And the the human diplomat just threw himself off the top of my scaffolding in a bout of insanity (durn it, I forgot he was in there!). Dwarves are no help for trees ... I just got to get that coal!

Now I only have nine dwarf adults and two are legendary miner/pump/axe/hammer/wrestle/sword/armor/shield. It would be a tragedy to lose one ... but losing one will probably cost me my whole fort. Both of the champions aren't very happy and they happen to be lovers who spend all day "sparring." Or so they tell me. I am quite sure that losing one will cause the other one to tantrum. I don't wish to see an 8x legendary tantrum, not with so much magma on a hair trigger and the first stage of the megaproject close to completion.

Can they, in decent steel armor/weapons, take out a few fire imps and firemen? The first time I tangled with them we basically traded corpses.

Phantom:
More hammers and water is the answer.

Lord Dakoth:
I would say that you have a decent chance of winning (I'm assuming no more than 4 or 5 imps.)

But be prepared for wounds, of course.

Dakira:
Losing is fun!

Thexor:
For the champions? Heck, send them in there. If one gets a kill, it'll be a nice happy thought to keep them from tantruming.

If one dies and the other goes berserk, well, at least the fire imps will die first.  ;)

And a quick heads-up - keep them stationed well away from the magma. You don't want them 'dodging' into it during the battle... or giving chase to a fire imp. After all, having a champion incinerated is annoying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version