Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Where Are The Doppelgangers? (Mafia-Style Game) [DAY 3, LASTDAY]  (Read 21553 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are The Doppelgangers? (Mafia-Style Game) [DAY 3, LASTDAY]
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »

Hmm, that must make Pandarsenic a Doppelganger...

...Why? I think I can see how you could get the idea that he is, but "must make"?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »

Oh really? Then it wouldn't matter if I told everyone that there are Doppelgangers? Oh no! Hey everyone! I'm a Doppelganger! You should probably say there are Doppelgangers because I love to make myself intentionally lose. That's why I'm trying to see who believes in Doppelgangers. Because I plan to reveal myself and say others are Doppelgangers, in the off-chance that I somehow avoid losing by saying that someone else is a Doppelganger.

Sure. You know, just for fun, how about trying to convince us that Doppelgangers don't exist...?

Also, try thinking. That just further proves you're a Doppelganger.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:34 pm »

Oh really? Then it wouldn't matter if I told everyone that there are Doppelgangers? Oh no! Hey everyone! I'm a Doppelganger! You should probably say there are Doppelgangers because I love to make myself intentionally lose. That's why I'm trying to see who believes in Doppelgangers. Because I plan to reveal myself and say others are Doppelgangers, in the off-chance that I somehow avoid losing by saying that someone else is a Doppelganger.

Sure. You know, just for fun, how about trying to convince us that Doppelgangers don't exist...?

o.0

What. The. Fuck. Web. You're making little sense. Care to clarify?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2009, 09:46:29 pm »

o.0

What. The. Fuck. Web. You're making little sense. Care to clarify?
I'm making plenty of sense. He's saying the fact I'm calling someone else a Doppelganger is somehow making me a Doppelganger. This is obviously stupid, since if I were a Doppelganger, I would try to make people believe there are NOT Doppelgangers. So, his defense is that I'm a Doppelganger because I called him a Doppelganger, which is counter intuitive, given the fact. The whole point is that there ARE Doppelgangers or there are NOT Doppelgangers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:40 pm »

I'm making plenty of sense. He's saying the fact I'm calling someone else a Doppelganger is somehow making me a Doppelganger. This is obviously stupid, since if I were a Doppelganger, I would try to make people believe there are NOT Doppelgangers. So, his defense is that I'm a Doppelganger because I called him a Doppelganger, which is counter intuitive, given the fact. The whole point is that there ARE Doppelgangers or there are NOT Doppelgangers.

Ah. Sorry. I think I had confused myself.

I really need to stop posting at the end of long days. >,>

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »

Meh, I'll vote in thread, I suppose:

There are Doppelgangers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »

I have received 1 PM and 3 Public Votes. So, that means I have received 4 votes currently. Lurkers, are you going to vote too (either pubically or privately)?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:50 pm »

I have received 1 PM and 3 Public Votes. So, that means I have received 4 votes currently. Lurkers, are you going to vote too (either pubically or privately)?
...Um... doesn't that... reveal that there are in fact not Doppelgangers?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2009, 11:18:08 pm »

...I chance my vote to: There are no Doppelgangers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »

Well, a Public Vote is just someone just saying that they are voting either for or against the existence of Doppelgangers.

I can distingush which Public Vote is true Public Votes and which ones are invalid (either becuase they are a Third-Party or because they are a doppelgnager). If doppelgangers exist (and I am not going to say if they exist or not exist until the end of the game), a doppelganger could make a Public Vote declaring Doppelgangers do not exist, and I would count it as a Public Vote, but ignore that vote, since it is only Votes by Humans that count.

I only came up with the concept of "Public Voting" because people want to vote in the thread and not via PMs. /me shrugs
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11:52 am »

I vote for Dopplegangers Existing.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2009, 04:07:24 pm »

I vote for Americans exist.

Because my vote counts.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »

Dopps Exists

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2009, 11:02:41 pm »

The town has decided that Doppelgangers existed. With the help of Zaithmaster, the Town has formed the Maple Street Alliance, dedicated to exposing the truth and to defend the Street from the Doppelgangers that reside therein.

Meanwhile, webadict covertly fled to Main Street, where he finds out that the original rumors of doppelgangers existing were false. He has also found both ToonyMan and MrPerson alive and well, altough Mr.Person is currently under arrest. However, as he heard reports of the Maple Street Alliance forming, webadict refuses to return back home, for fear of being lynched.

Webadict, Human and Zaithmaster, The Politican, wins. Everyone else loses. There are no doppelgangers.

Quote from: Webadict
...Um... doesn't that... reveal that there are in fact not Doppelgangers?

Yes it did. Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:05:04 pm by Servant Corps »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2009, 11:22:20 pm »

Cool! I was right and everyone else was wrong???
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12