Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Archold (Noob succession)  (Read 13339 times)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Archold (Noob succession)
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:32:31 pm »

Hey I've been reading through The Succesions so far and it looks really cool.  I was looking for maybe a small group of new players and we could start one up eh? Drop in a line if your interested and we'll talk about the details later.

Basic rules:
One year (in game) turns. (One week IRL max time)
If we screw up big time we'll hold an open discussion and either Revert-save or scrap it for a new storyline.
If something comes up just make a post and we'll edit the lineup.

List.
Kalida99 -done-
jseah -done-
Dante` -done-
Blah28722 -done-
The Navigator -Skipped-
Axil -Current-
jojojoey70.
Rice mastah
MrWiggles
Jack
Rijjka

Ok it looks like we should be good to go..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:14:45 am by Dante` »

jseah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noob bloodline.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »

Well, I don't mind doing this.  I'm a *relatively* new player, and this would be my first bloodline game. 
My experience has mostly been with early game (<80 pop), so I might have some problems with the economy. 

What version are we using?

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Succession
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:19:31 pm »

I've also never experianced economy.  But this should help us learn better builds for long-term? \

I dont know what version I use... I downloaded a pre-packed one with graphics >.> (I got really confused trying it just plain).

Also i've never played a map with magma of any kind.  I cant find it ANYWHERE wich I find odd and frustrating.  So I'd want someone else to make the map and do the first year.  I'd more love to be year 3-4 if possible.

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:36:18 am »

I'll give it a shot. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 12:37:18 am »

Exactly!!! Its all in fun anyway isnt it?

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:49 am »

Count me in, I may not be a new player... But i've never been in a bloodline before!
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 12:41:32 am »

Thats four so far.  Since you're not new would you be able to set up a map for us? (Would love to try a magma map for once.)

We also still need to discuss if we're gonna have what rules and such. Ectect yadda yadda.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 12:43:21 am »

Of course! I would be happy to set up a map, just need you to be more specific... Magma, what else? HFS, UNG River/Pool, Chasm, etc...

ALSO! will we be using any mods? I'd recommend agaisnt it with this being a newbie play along tutorial of sorts, but just in case...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:46:45 am by kalida99 »
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 12:45:30 am »

Question: Whats HFS? (Lol terms.)  Also I hear turns traditionally can take up to a week? o.o Wow.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 12:50:35 am »

HFS means Hidden Fun Stuff

Details here if ye don't mind spoiling it for yourself
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turns in most don't seem to take up more than one maybe two days, some give longer time for turns to allow the person to get the save, and play it...

Also stuff you want in the embark please, i don't want to delay this with idle chatter... (No offense)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:53:50 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:35 am »

I'm interested too. This'd be my first bloodline as well.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 01:15:07 am »

No offence taken... Since your the starting player and you probably have the most experiance from all of us Maybe you'd like to start us off with all of that.  Really my only hope woulda been magma and maybe decent elevation.  I've never acually done very good so I dont know what would be a decent starting build  So use your own discretion.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:16 am »

Alrighty then, We'll be starting off in a Plains area, with Magma, a river, a small aquifier, and sand...

being the first player i should be to get us through the aquifier with little problem, but remember you won't be able to dig on that level so be careful with digging...

We'll be using my favored starting equipment
2 Farmers (5 growing/2brewing/2cooking)
2 Miners (2 Mining/1 Mason/ 1 Stone Crafting)
1 Woodsdwarf (1 Woodcutter/ 2 Carpenter)
1 Metalsmith/outpost leader (2 all metalsmithing/1 appraise)
1 Guard (2 Axe/1 Armor/1 Shield)

2 Picks
1 Steel Axe
40 turtle
60 Booze
10 Plump Helmet spawn
5 of other seeds
2 copper bars

some other junk i'll think about
I'll pick the Guard, the other dwarves are for the pickin...
I'll update soon (Don't expect screenshots)

ALSO THIS IS Dwarf Fortress Version 40D11
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:40:33 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 01:38:08 am »

And we're off it seems...  While he's playing through we should brainstorm on a name for this little adventure.  Every adventure has a name!  So what do you say?

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 02:39:40 am »

I think i picked a good name for the fort, Archold, just kept hitting the random button...

7th of Slate 201
An uneventfull first couple of days, managed to find magma nearly as soon as we started, a good sign. The river on the otherhand, is not so good, filled with carp, sturgeon, and longnose gar,  shouldn't be hard to clear though.

6th of Felsite 201
Tragedy struck today, one of the miners has foolishly dug into the side of the Magma Pipe, He's ran around on fire for a few seconds before succumbing to his wounds. He will be remebered in our minds before his death and as he was during his final moments... On fire...
On the good side though, were close to breaching the Aquifier.

10th of Malachite 201
My plan for getting through the aquifier wasn't grand enough, so it sadly failed, i'll use the area around the magma pipe to get past the aquifier, until i can find a way through it... Other than that just some monkeys poped by and were quickly killed before they could do anything...

21th of Galena 201
Struck Copper today, should allow us to make some simple armor... been boring the last few seasons...

9th of Limestone 201
Digging out some simple quarters that should allow us to house 40 or so dwarves... Traders should arrive soon, not really ready, i'll churn out some simple crafts... Feh, they didn't bring anything good, just sold the crafts for a bag, should allow some glassmaking soon...

4th of Timber 201
MIGRANTS!

17th of Timber 201
One of the migrants ran into a fire imp while the guard was off duty... Stupid immigrants shouldn't play near the Pipe...

23rd of Moonstone 201
Smithing operations are a go, now all we have to do is find or import some iron and we'll be good to go...

20th of Obsidian 201
Another stupid dwarf killed by an Imp, military got there just a but too late, good news now is that the pipe is nearly clear, only one fireman left.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:24:21 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17