Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Building plans for an orbital laser

(1/5) > >>

piecewise:
Or at least something with the same effects.

So basically, the idea is, build a giant tower up to the tip top z level. Then, build a floor over the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD, leaving holes every couple of squares. Place magma safe hatches on every open square and then link them all to seperate levers. Pump magma up the tower and use walls, built atop the floors, to channel it around to all the hatches. Then, once the entire system is filled, pull whatever lever you want and stratigically burn the world.

You think it would work?

it_is_coming:
That's actually a pretty good idea for a defense system. A toned-down version of course.

Sensei:
You could build it over the entirety (almost) of a 3x3 embark zone. Entire world won't work in fort mode and it will take you 3 months.

DeathOfRats:
I'm building something quite similar over a 5x5 area, but with a different objective: my plan is to make an obsidian layer on the sky, so I'm making a floor at a high level, and a couple levels higher yet another with 4x4 bridges every few steps, which I will open to let first magma and then water down.

Nexii Malthus:
Embark on an area with multiple magma pipes? Actually, I'd like to see an embark covered with the most lava features possible xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version