Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preventing pause  (Read 8689 times)

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Preventing pause
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:37:40 am »

Is there any way to prevent any and all auto pausing in fortress mode, so that I can leave DF running unattended for long periods of time, without worrying about something like a kobold thief pausing the game 5 seconds after I stop watching things?

I am looking for something that works with 40d16, though 40d17 would be even better.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Preventing pause
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:07:44 pm »

Is there any way to prevent any and all auto pausing in fortress mode, so that I can leave DF running unattended for long periods of time, without worrying about something like a kobold thief pausing the game 5 seconds after I stop watching things?

I am looking for something that works with 40d16, though 40d17 would be even better.

Dtil has an Unpause utility that I know works with 40d (dunno about the d##s). You could give that a shot. Searching utilities on the wiki should get you started, I think.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:51:35 pm »

Yeah, in the current version you'll have to use utilities.  The next version allows you to disable auto-pause for everything except a siege arrival.

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:31 pm »

Dtil has an Unpause utility
Thanks, but unfortunately I think it's only for damp and warm stone.

The next version allows you to disable auto-pause for everything except a siege arrival.
Oh really? That's nice. I wish there was a tool for this version though... Oh well. maybe I can throw together a script or something.

Also, lol thraddash.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »

This is how I'd have done it, given enough time.

[ALLOW_PAUSING:ALWAYS|ALERTS|CONTACT|SIEGES|NEVER]

Always = pause normally
Alerts = damp\warm stone warning, mineral strikes, sieges, traders arriving, strange moods
Contact = any contact with hostile invaders (ambushers, thieves, sieges, snatchers)
Sieges = only large, unstealthed sieges or other open warfare conflicts
Never = good luck, dwarves
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:33:51 pm »

Dtil has an Unpause utility
Thanks, but unfortunately I think it's only for damp and warm stone.

Nope. I used it to keep my DF running nonstop the last two weeks for a digging project. I'm not entirely sure about sieges, since they have their own screen, but stuff like striking new rock types, babies, moods, it just keeps on trucking.