How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270263 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d14
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2009, 04:48:24 am »

..better yet, you fix it, then post your interface.txt here. Otherwise I can never be sure it's working.

To get it fixed, enter the keybindings menu, then press tab to get to the text entry: backspace entry, then right to pick.. uh, one of "add unicode" or "add scancode"; unicode would work best if it works at all, but it might not. You'll have to experiment.

After that, if it works, post interface.txt here. If you're fast, it might make it into d15; if not, not, but at least you'll have it fixed yourself.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Calitar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:39 am »

Well that was an easy fix. Thanks! I posted the contents of my interface.txt to pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/m742e244f. I hope it helps. If you need me to post it someplace else, let me know. I couldn't figure out how to post it directly here.

EDIT: I messed up and didn't save my changes. Give me a minute.
EDIT2: OK. I THINK this should be the right one: http://pastebin.com/m282b2ed1 Let me know if you need anything else. Unless I'm missing something it seems the only change is adding [KEY:Delete] under [BIND:STRING_A000] and [KEY:Backspace]
In other words it's like this:
Code: [Select]
[BIND:STRING_A000]
[KEY:Backspace]
[KEY:Delete]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:42:34 am by Calitar »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2009, 05:42:12 am »

pastebin messed up the non-ascii characters, as usual - but that's fine; you're right, the delete binding is the only one required. I just had to make sure that was the one.

I got your version off to toady well before the DF compile was completed, so it'll probably be the default in d15.

Calitar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2009, 05:48:39 am »

pastebin messed up the non-ascii characters, as usual - but that's fine; you're right, the delete binding is the only one required. I just had to make sure that was the one.

I got your version off to toady well before the DF compile was completed, so it'll probably be the default in d15.
Glad I could contribute in a small way. :)

Not to take the thread OT, but do you know someplace better than pastebin I could post something like that? The site obviously isn't designed for that kind of thing (hence why their diff seems to cap out at 1000 lines).

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2009, 05:49:52 am »

40d14 makes me happy.

No problems yet, although I notice if I zoom with the mousewheel I can never get it back to 100%, that is, that the tiles always seem to be skewed wrong and start looking horrible and blurry.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2009, 05:57:20 am »

Calitar: I always use my own web-server for this. Instead of using a hardware router, use a linux machine for the router - so you have a PC with a public IP. That gives you a lot more options, like running 6to4 IPv6 access on it, and running a web server on it.

Caz: You're *supposed* to reset the zoom using F11/F12.. um, one of them. I don't entirely recall which is the default.

That said, I've patched d15 so it'll also be possible to get back to 1:1 via the wheel. It just keeps track of how many times you've zoomed, so when it's at 0 it explicitly resets the zoom to 1:1. (Otherwise, FP inaccuracies tend to make that impossible)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2009, 06:20:01 am »

F11 is for fulscreen switch
F12 doesn't reset the zoom, it resets the tilegrid size. I don't think there is a switch for resetting the zoom at all.
<3

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:16 am »

The 800x600 tileset in that bundle is marked as using transparency, when in fact it doesn't. This causes graphical weirdness when it's used. Lots of pink, mainly.

I've uploaded a fixed version to http://brage.info/~svein/curses_800x600.png

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d15
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2009, 07:41:11 am »

There is a problem with F11 key sometimes though. At least for me when I use Mayday graphics 40D11. When I use it in windowed mode, it causes a crash, I forget the specifics. Since I would sometimes accidentially hit it when I meant to press something else, I set it to a key combination that I wouldn't use, namely ctrl+` .

Since you guys were talking about the F11 key, I just thought I would input a possible related problem.

I know this is for testing 40D15, but any info is useful I guess.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2009, 07:47:58 am »

My apologies for not getting to any fixes or improvments this time around.  The only thing on my bug list was a crash that I could never replicate.  I will be testing for it again with D15.  The only improvment that is on my list as being required is closing the multi-macro infinite loop condition.

Regarding the Mac issue with Backspace, I didn't add Delete to the default a while ago because I figured at some point we would be able to cursor around in the notes, inserting and deleting characters in the middle.  If we get to that point we will want to have distinct backspace and delete keys.

The other reported matter was using Shift+Add for SecondScroll PGDN.  This again is something I can not set the defaults to handle.  The defaults have to use the Unicode translation on + for the SecondScroll Down.  The Shift+Add key combination maps to the same as + through the Unicode translation.  The bindings can be remapped to make the required distinctions, but doing so becomes more keyboard specific then the defaults can be.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2009, 08:31:41 am »

Caz: You're *supposed* to reset the zoom using F11/F12.. um, one of them. I don't entirely recall which is the default.

oh  :(

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2009, 08:57:09 am »

The 800x600 tileset in that bundle is marked as using transparency, when in fact it doesn't. This causes graphical weirdness when it's used. Lots of pink, mainly.

I've uploaded a fixed version to http://brage.info/~svein/curses_800x600.png

It seems there're still some problems with the tileset you uploaded.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:31 am »

Still having problems with the tilegrid.
64x64pixel tiles, desired resolution 1280x1024, fullscreen.

This time, the game starts as 80x25 instead of 80x64. Blackspace works, so the aspect is preserved.
I can increase the tilegrid size freely but when I try to decrease it it won't get lower than 80x55 (?!)
Increasing the tilegrid from that point results in more than 80. Decreasing then gives 80X60 and then again 80x55.

The zooming speed regulation doesn't work for me (at least, I do not notice any difference between 1.001 and 1.999)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 09:19:39 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

Pato2747

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2009, 09:48:04 am »

Well, it seems that 40d15 has effectively solved any problems I had with the previous d# versions. It's working perfectly fine and I don't see any kind of problems so far.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64