How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270291 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16
« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2009, 06:52:07 pm »

The d16-head pack is currently just for debugging. It has no bugfixes, and it runs like molasses in december. Don't use it unless you're having crashes.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 06, 2009, 08:46:20 pm »

Running under Linux, so I can't currently compare to 40d, but I have noticed something.

If I resize the window, performance goes directly into the crapper. I never get more than 20 or so FPS if I drag the window bigger, even if I get around 80-100 with the default window size(I'm running on a fairly marginal machine - 1.6GHz or thereabouts, and it's a Celeron at that).

Also, I still dare not zoom-to-building from the job or unit view, but at least now I know it to be seg faults.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »

Added macro repeat adjustments to my bug list.  Thanks for the report.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2009, 12:40:43 am »

small addendum: it won't segfault if you add a command but immediately try to alter repeat of "Add Command" after- but it will make DF hang on some other trigger that I ha'en't figured (once did on macro screen, once when I returned to main menu and selected quit), though the sound keeps going fine. While still grabbing all keys, if you're fullscreen, making it hard to kill. Blargh.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #454 on: September 07, 2009, 08:30:30 am »

Hey Baughn, I just wanted to report that while using an oversize main tileset causes problems with the initial tilegrid calculation, using an oversize CREATURE tileset doesn't. A 16px main tileset with 64px creatures works all right, though I still am able to change the tilegrid to 80:25 on 1280x1024 which I'd rather wasn't possible. But it's ok (for now) as long as the game starts in 80:64.

So about those mipmaps...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:36:47 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 07, 2009, 08:42:03 am »

Eheh.

I've got it on the list - to be implemented at the same time as SVG tilesets and animation - but I can't really do it until *after* the next major DF release. I *could* do just the mip-mapping.. but I won't. It wouldn't mean less work later.

Anyway, right now I'm working on the sound routines, which cause actual crashes.

Wartender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »

uber noob question:
how do i make graphics packs work? i looked in the wiki and did everything it told me to do (i downloaded dystopian rhetoric), including replacing files and folders, and editing my init.txt, but i still see the same graphics...

p.s. yes Baughn got DF to work for me

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:22 pm »

You can post your init.txt in [code] tags so we can check it for mistakes.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2009, 03:01:17 am »

Still liking d16.  Couple of small bugs I noted:

Invisible starting wagon on glacier map.
Job manager no longer accepts numeric input from the number pad when numlock is off.  It used to, and I grew into the habit of doing so.
Small lag appears when selecting game mode (create, fortress, adventure, legends) from the main menu.

Hope this helps.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2009, 07:14:13 am »

Job manager no longer accepts numeric input from the number pad when numlock is off.  It used to, and I grew into the habit of doing so.
This doesn't make sense... Why would a program accept numeric input when the keyboard explicitly says the num-lock is off?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2009, 07:35:19 am »

Wonky programming.

Oh, yeah, now where was it that scrolling was listed as 2/8 (and works as usual with arrows) but increase/decrease is listed as 4/6 and doesn't...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2009, 08:45:12 am »

I have one question for you, why does pressing escape do nothing after I'm dead in adventurer mode? it seems as though it is still stepping forwards after death

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2009, 10:58:42 am »

I have one question for you, why does pressing escape do nothing after I'm dead in adventurer mode? it seems as though it is still stepping forwards after death

I get that too. Try keeping Esc key down and then waiting five minutes for the dialog to appear.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2009, 01:35:58 pm »

I'd like to know what's up with that, too. Veroule?

Dvergar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:03 pm »

but now I get a new announcement "X cancels store owned item: item unreachable" just would like to point it out in the rare event I am the only one

This is "normal". It can happen when a dwarf gets property over an item that is not reachable (underwater for example).

Forgot to mention that they should not be owning anything at this point in th fortress, many didn't even have a bedroom

I feel this needs to get addressed, seems like a bug to me
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64