How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270431 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »

I feel this needs to get addressed, seems like a bug to me

It does need to get addressed, and it's been noted down in the bug list for a while.  It's not a 40d## problem, though, so if you want to discuss it you can bump the report thread linked below.

# 000973 □ [dwarf mode][interface][announcements][message spam]     (Report) dwarf spams store owned item job cancellation because the item is inaccessible

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2009, 05:40:46 pm »

Okay, I have noticed a bug. I run a program called Synergy that allows me to use my one keyboard and mouse for both my Windows and Linux system's monitors. (Dual head, but with 2 computers behind it).

When I have anything but [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD] in the init.txt, the DF window will blank when I am not in the 'main' display... IE, a primarily information screen.. If I am in the normal 'dwarf' view, it does not do this... Nor does it do this when I have the 'standard' display. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, but using ACCUM_BUFFER gives me 20+ fps, putting me in the 40-50 range, which makes the game run snappily compared to 40d.

I am using 40d16 (of course). Any additional information needed?
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »

Well, this could be an important hint. I've been hunting that bug for quite a while, now...

Could you explain more about how synergy works? What kind of events do X applications see when you switch? (Use xev to check)
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2009, 07:16:32 pm »

I have one question for you, why does pressing escape do nothing after I'm dead in adventurer mode? it seems as though it is still stepping forwards after death
while the escape-bug would be new to the d## series, it's normal for adv mode to continue after you die. The carp spits out the dwarf chunk and whatnot. Allows you to watch what happens to the survivors.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:47 pm »

I am not really sure what happened to cause the ESC after adventurer death bug.  I believe the first report of it was after the Travel End problem was fixed. The changes for that fix shouldn't have caused this bug.

Adventurer mode has a number of extra input interactions that makes things interesting.  This bug will probably require Toady's masterful touch to find and fix.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 09, 2009, 12:40:15 am »

quick question: how do i get d16 to show a tile as a square? i use the default tile set and right now they are ugly rectangles. i remember i had to fidle ith the grid numbers in previous releases to get them to be squares, but now i cannot do that. do the tags still work?
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:41 am »

quick question: how do i get d16 to show a tile as a square? i use the default tile set and right now they are ugly rectangles. i remember i had to fidle ith the grid numbers in previous releases to get them to be squares, but now i cannot do that. do the tags still work?

You need to use a square tileset.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 09, 2009, 04:17:45 pm »

ah, and here i thought the default tielset was square. anyone know wehre i can find a "default" tileset that is square?
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2009, 04:27:04 pm »

never mind. i answered my own question.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 09, 2009, 04:45:11 pm »

ah, and here i thought the default tielset was square. anyone know wehre i can find a "default" tileset that is square?
(df_directory)/data/art/curses_square_16x16 -it comes with one. (may be bmp or png depending on version)-but you probably just found that, I'd see. else, wiki has a list of user sets
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:15 pm »

Well, this could be an important hint. I've been hunting that bug for quite a while, now...

Could you explain more about how synergy works? What kind of events do X applications see when you switch? (Use xev to check)

Synergy is a tool that allows me to control both of my computers at once, using a monitor on each, but 1 keyboard and 1 mouse, both of which reside on my Windows machine (which I play DF on).

I linked to it previously, but can steer you there again if you need it.. For example, here. Also, I've noticed it even does this when I not switching over to the other monitor.. To switch between monitors, btw, all I have to do is mouse over to the righthand side of my screen.. which does have the similar effect of 'tabbing out' of my active MS Windows program. Tabbing out also makes my screen clear, by the by.

I'll post my config file in a 'spoilers' below, so you can emulate my settings to see if any information can be gleaned there. I do not know if it behaves this way without Synergy running, but I could attempt it if you'd like.

Err.. The Xev thing. I'll check it for you, but as this process isn't running under Linux, I'm not sure if it'll help. Is there any info I can grab from the Windows side that'd assist you?

Well, the forum doesn't like posts as long as that. I'll send you a private message, failing that, I'll ask for your email address in a PM. One way or another, we'll get the info to you.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 09, 2009, 06:30:24 pm »

Well, the forum doesn't like posts as long as that. I'll send you a private message, failing that, I'll ask for your email address in a PM. One way or another, we'll get the info to you.

Pastebin to the rescue.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 09, 2009, 07:33:08 pm »

f12 will bypass the 200x200 restriction in both directions, but the mousewheel will not, lea'ing blackspace in fullscreen if you zoom down then up. Does not appear to crash, though I used a 4x4 tileset to accomplish this.

edit: Also, the default size is now 800x800, strangely.edit 2: ignore this falsehood
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:45:36 am by CobaltKobold »
Tilesets

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2009, 01:51:18 am »

Oh, my bad. I'll be sure to make F12 obey the restriction as well.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 10, 2009, 02:19:18 am »

Er...why cut off at 200? I mean, it doesn't APPEAR to cause any issues. One moment...yeah, I expected that. Initial window/fullscreen size and window resize calcs to adjust # tiles don't respect it either. Instead, they stop at 256 by 256. More size just adds blackspace. (Whee 5x5 embark on screen all at once! Boo bad framerate for looking at 57600 tiles!)

So it's ONLY the zoom function that obeys the (arbitrary?) restriction of 200x200.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64