How does 40d16 compare to 40d?

Higher speed, no problems
Higher speed, problems
Same speed, no problems
Same speed, problems
Lower speed, no problems
Lower speed, problems

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64

Author Topic: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16  (Read 270372 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: FotF: Dwarf Fortress 40d16
« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2009, 12:00:27 am »

I caused an error, but unfortunately have no idea how. I'm guessing it was trying to press Mouse4 or 5, but that doesn't reproduce it.
Code: [Select]
*********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
File r300_state.c function r500SetupRSUnit line 1907
Don't know how to satisfy InputsRead=0x00000008
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2009, 12:33:48 am »

whenever i press 0 in job manager (ie, 30 20 or 10 items) the game freezes for a bit then crashes, doesn't add to the error log. if you want a save of this pm me i still have the save that this happens in but i don't know if it is unique to the save.

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 01, 2009, 02:31:41 pm »

By the way, Should I update the Dwarf fortress wiki main page? The one that says the last update was over a year ago?

Or is it some kind of internal joke that I was too late to get?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 01, 2009, 02:52:32 pm »

By the way, Should I update the Dwarf fortress wiki main page? The one that says the last update was over a year ago?

These builds are not "official" and are considered alpha builds... not to be used by the majority of people.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 01, 2009, 03:07:34 pm »

These builds are not "official" and are considered alpha builds... not to be used by the majority of people.
By all of us? Hey, this is the right and only joke. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 01, 2009, 03:31:57 pm »

The majority is not everyone. ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 01, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »

The majority is not everyone. ;)

Everybody see that? He just confessed us that he's the one who doesn't play alphas!  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 01, 2009, 03:58:02 pm »

When my fortresses fall on their faces and I have to beat the earth with a shovel again I'll probably download the latest one. I just need to find the link.

Screw that. The links probably at the start of this topic, yes?

And off the topic, does anyone mind if I add a few more Dwarf sections into the Wiki? Like Iron Man? You guys haven't made a Marvel or Black Sabbath reference Even once in that article. I mean, come on. Tony Stark attacks your Fort and you just lay out the bare facts? Shame. SHAME.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 01, 2009, 04:01:43 pm »

And off the topic, does anyone mind if I add a few more Dwarf sections into the Wiki? Like Iron Man? You guys haven't made a Marvel or Black Sabbath reference Even once in that article. I mean, come on. Tony Stark attacks your Fort and you just lay out the bare facts? Shame. SHAME.

It's probably fine as long as it's funny, but let's not keep derailing this thread into wiki discussion.

Pierre Monteux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 01, 2009, 09:32:20 pm »

alright, I just upgraded from 40d14 to 40d16.

always on top hasn't worked for a while, though that has probably already been mentioned.  (I forget which version of dX series it broke on, its mostly an annoyance.)

My main concern is the removal of the tile tags in the init file.
[GRID:80:25]
[FULLGRID:144:74]

Thats the setting I used in d14, and earlier.  Now I can't get the tiles crammed in the way I used to since that tag is gone.

Can that be put back in as the starting values with the default a 0 for the flag to auto guess. At least then people can have more control over how it works.

EDIT:  Did a bit or reading of the earlier posts.  I just grabbed the tile set from before.

Still though, it would be nice to be able to specify the initial gridsize.

My system is windows vista 64 bit.

Keep up the good work.  Dwarf fortress is running fast enough for me that it stays playable enough to get a king. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:46:56 pm by Pierre Monteux »
I've had Dorf's wh ohave pulled a Monty Python's Black Knight. They've had limbs chopped off and just keep coming. Although most of those are my patented "Spartan Dwarfs."
except in DF, the "I'll bit your legs off" threat is serious.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 03, 2009, 07:30:25 am »

On the side, it doesn't seem to want to draw sharply like I think it should, when you specify a resolution that's exact multiple of your tileset (e.g. 1280x400 min for 16x16)

Yes, textureparam is on nearest.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

solidstate

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 04, 2009, 04:26:28 am »

My apologies for going off this thread's topic, but I am a complete newb loving this game and wondering how I can make my Dwarf Fortress look like the one in this screenshot posted by Qjet on the first page of this topic.

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/dfsquared14.png/

What tileset is that, is it available for download somewhere, and what are the display settings used in the init.txt file (resolution/grid settings).

Thanks in advance to any who can answer.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:19 am »

^^^ Looks like Dorten's tileset.  General info on installing a tileset is here.  Instructions for setting up the resolution/grid in regular 40d are here.  If you're using 40d16, you don't need to specify a grid size.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:34:46 am by Footkerchief »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 04, 2009, 04:45:57 am »

Okay, i got the d16 linux version, however, when i try to change my key input settings, the enter key will not allow me to change the current settings.

I am using it on a laptop, and some of the keys are QUITE inconvenient. I also brought the mike mayday set over from my previous install. Yes i installed D16 FIRST, then the LINUX HEAD. Did i do something wrong on accident?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 04, 2009, 12:33:58 pm »

40d16: Legends hangs on large worlds (at "Importing World..." sometimes until you hit esc for menu then cancel, then it goes through rest. Ne'er had it happen in 40d itself.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64