Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Of weapon size allowance and dwarf sizes. (Dwarf Therapist)  (Read 1065 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Of weapon size allowance and dwarf sizes. (Dwarf Therapist)
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:28:27 pm »

So I was playing Masterwork DF today and I just had discovered the weapon size allowance tab, which is pretty neat, being able to see what weapons my dwarves can and can't use. However, I game across a little discrepancy in the display, and I'm not sure if this is an issue with how dwarf fortress considers dwarf sizes or a display bug in DFhack, I'm posting it here kind of expecting the former.

So it appears the size allowance for halberds is somehow out of range of the average dwarf, which Masterwork has set to [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000], so I'm assuming being equal to the size requirements may not make it easily wield able. However, Dwarf Therapist lists my size 90,000 dwarf unable to use the halberd 2 handed unimpeded. So the main question is whether this is something i should be mechanically concerning myself with in game, or is it just a DFHack display issue?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Of weapon size allowance and dwarf sizes. (Dwarf Therapist)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:03:50 pm »

It's a standard DF bug. If the average dwarf can't wield it, no dwarf can.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:21:38 pm »

Aw, that's unfortunate. Thanks for letting me know, though!

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 03:49:37 pm »

He could one hand a two-handed sword though.  I've been noticing a lot of giant freaking dwarves.  It seems to be civ based, some will have dwarves averaging 75K+, some 45K.  My latest embark the smallest dwarf in the starting group was just under 70K, two were over 100K.