Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding The World Painter  (Read 3226 times)

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
Regarding The World Painter
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:48:01 am »

The lead up (skip ahead if you only want the question):

So, when I was designing my world with all of the parameters exactly as I liked, I spotted a little p: Set Preset Field Values
Now, as I had already heavily edited my values and was having trouble getting all the little details just right to get a world together without persistent errors, I assumed this meant to return it to the default value. Oh how wrong I was. I found myself on the world painter screen. I didn't know what it was but it most definitely was not what I had intended. I quickly backed out of it and went back to editing my parameters. When I went to generate my world this time it was just an endless expanse of green. I didn't think much of it the first time, as I assumed it was a quirk of my parameters. The second time though, I decided it must have had to do with that screen, as it had also been huge and green. So, I went back to that screen and looked it over, and couldn't find a way to undo it. So, I went on the dwarf wiki, to see what they said about it. They didn't have anything to say, so I decided to come here and ask for your help.

The Question:

I have no interest in the world painter whatsoever. How do I go back to just my parameters?
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding The World Painter
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:17 am »

To undo any changes you made in the world painter (even just by entering it)?  Change all the settings there from "Will be saved" to "Randomize at gen" by clicking them.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding The World Painter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:00:56 am »

This is apparently the relevant thread for this - at least according to the wiki.

When you use the World Painter (AKA PFV), does it overwrite one saved preset in the Advanced World Gen screen, or all of them?

Say, for example, I went into PFV from the Pocket Region preset, and then did nothing in it and backed out immediately. If I then went and generated a Large Island, would I still generate a featureless flat plain?