Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Serious lack of animeals

(1/2) > >>

UristMcGunsmith:
   No, that isn't a typo, I refer to animals as ani-meals since that's all they're good for.
However, I recently started a megaproject (Turning a volcano into a giant housing facility for a weapons/armor factory) and totally forgot to bring animeals with me. Will my dwarves have unhappy thoughts because of a lack of meaty goodness? I get a bit of fish, and get all the meat I can when I trade (Two legendary metalcrafters, and a mountain full of magma and copper = win).

So will they have unhappy thoughts? Or are they okay with this? They seem content on plump helmets and the occasional fish so far.

martinuzz:
No worry.
Your dwarves won't get unhappy thoughts for it.
Apart from that, you'll have animals soon enough.. They tend to come along with migrant waves.

Lord Dakoth:
Very minor unhappy thoughts, that is if there is only one kind of food. Which is where Dwarven Wine Roasts come in.

But nothing that a -Gabbro Statue- can't cure.

RedWarrior0:
Don't caravans sometimes bring caged animated meals with them?

Grendus:
You have any wild animals on your map? Even a base quality crossbow with base quality bone/wood arrows and an untrained hunter can bring home a good deal bacon, assuming you don't have a map full of werewolves or cougars.

Alternatively, dwarves who go to a new fortress are prepared for hardships like living on nothing but plants until the caravan brings some animeals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version