Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Coraline  (Read 3082 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Coraline
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »

Nope. I sleep with a knife for that.

I wanna say something, but GOD DAMN...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 04:25:29 pm »

You know what I mean. I sleep with a combat/survival knife belted to my leg. My bowie is usually under the pillow.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »

That knife won't save you if the Hounds of Tindalos come.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 06:14:14 pm »

Interesting, I'll have to write a story about Strife fighting a few.

Mind you, I have 4 buck for things like that.

Yes, I do in fact believe that a time traveling angle never before had an encounter last long enough to be described thing could be killed by proper application of a shotgun.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 06:39:15 pm »

If it were that easy, someone would have a body to describe.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 08:50:51 pm »

That keeping a knife under your pillow is stupid...

Unless it is made out of Cold Iron, Silver, and Annointed gold... in which case it is ingenius!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:18 pm »

I'm somewhat sure that the survival knife is iron handled, but I subscribe to the Leiberish theory that magic in general gets hampered by any drawn steel weapon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:16 pm »

I'm somewhat sure that the survival knife is iron handled, but I subscribe to the Leiberish theory that magic in general gets hampered by any drawn steel weapon.

Too bad you don't subscribe to the Celtic belief that being an Adult destroys magic.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 09:06:48 pm »

Deep down you know you are only keeping that knife to cut your own throat when the Horrors from Beyond come fetch you.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »

I love how quickly this gets away from a discussion about what may or may not be a children's movie.

Honestly, if I was forced to kill myself, I'd use the bowie as opposed to the combat. It has more of a sharp point and more suitable to gouging out my jugulars.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:38 pm »

You can't see their posts -they are, of course, Ninjas- but my ninja lackeys say they could totally beat you up.

@NinjaLackey3: It'd be easier NOT to use magma, you know.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 01:42:23 am »

I'm sure there's a connection between Coraline and Lovecraft.  Given enough time, someone else will find it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:46 am »

Aaaaaaaanyway, I saw Coraline with a few friends and liked it. But, then again, I agree with Kagus about the feel of the whole movie. I suck at scary movies. I'm terrible. If there's someone with me, I try and keep out of their line of sight so they don't seem me squirm or close my eyes. But the only thing in this movie I found genuinely scary (and even then not 'hide behind the couch' scary) was the part where the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. All the other scares I could predict before they happened (the taffy scene, for instance), and yet it was definitely something that would freak the hell out of my kid brother. I liked the movie, liked the acting, like the imagination, like the characterization, kinda sorta maybe liked that scene in the theater (oh God the breasts, the only thing that made that bearable was that it was Dawn French playing the part and she is hilarious) liked all that, but if the movie had just taken one path and stuck with it I feel like I would have enjoyed it more. Oh, but Bobinskey and the Cat were both crafted by a benevolent god out of pure awesome.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 01:44:48 am »

Nope. I sleep with a knife for that.

I wanna say something, but GOD DAMN...
Seconded. Also, what I wanna know is how he does it without getting all sliced up!
That'd be something to explain to the doctors, wouldn't it?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:30 am »

Sheath, dude. Sheath. With a notch so you have to use significant force to remove the knife. Hell, maybe it has a clip, so you can wear it with your pajama pants. Or on the bandoleer of grenades and .50 cal ammo you also sleep with.

Now, obviously neither of the last two would be useful if you were assaulted or intruded upon in your home. You have them because chicks dig it. I do in turn have no reason to suggest that chicks dig it other than that you have them, which you don't.

Actually, if you sleep with a knife, you are probably very lonely.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4