Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf make prisonners and slave  (Read 885 times)

unitedelite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf make prisonners and slave
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

Hi everyone,

Reading the upcoming features and in particular the new non-lethal combat system i got an idea : in the dwarf fortress mode when a dwarf fights and chooses to not kill his enemy he put him in a  cell definite by the player and the justice chooses if he will die or become a slave ( the player has the possibilities to choose like for the prisonners )
they can decide by the number of dwarf he killed and by the personality of the judge ( for exemple if the judge is good he will do more prisonners and if the judge is bad they will die more often )

the slaves can try to escaping, for exemple if you set them as miners they will try to escape en killing everyone with their picks or if he don't have dwarf for watching them they will run like a deer

this is just some ideas but slaves and prisonners can add some fun to the game ^^

sorry for my bad english ^^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:39:23 pm by unitedelite »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf make prisonners and slave
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

Great, another slavery topic.

Dwarves don't take slaves. (At all. They simply don't. It's a capital crime).

Nothing wrong with taking prisoners and such though. I suspect you could try to "sell" them back to their nation of origin, or send them to the mountainhome.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:01:18 pm »

However, when gob fortresses come out they have no scruples about enforced labour, although they are as likely to kill a slave on any given day as not.

I am certainly hoping to be able to play Dwarf Fortress: Goblin Edition soon...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:37:23 pm »

As far as slavery goes, Dwarfenkind is considered the most ethical. Even through their diet.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 06:13:31 pm »

Great, another slavery topic.

Dwarves don't take slaves. (At all. They simply don't. It's a capital crime).

When it comes Humans and Goblins however, both races have shown great willingness to take slaves and servants under a variety of reasons and circumstances. Just because dwarves don't do it, doesn't mean it shouldn't become an available gameplay mechanic.
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

Suggested a lot. Please search.

Planned. Slaves are coming once we can play goblins.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.