Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entity won't spawn  (Read 1409 times)

.:Asch:.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Entity won't spawn
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:22:22 pm »

I've been messing around with the raws, and made an attempt at making playable humans, along with several other changes to the entity_default file and the creature_standard file. All other civs spawn buy these don't just die off in Worldgen, they never appear in the first place. I can't spot anything wrong with the files but I've probably overlooked something incredibly obvious. Without further ado here are the additions to the raws.

creature_standard.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

entity_default.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All I get in my error log is "Unrecognized Entity Token: DEFAULT_SITE" twice, which is wierd, because other races have the same default site and they (seem to) work fine.

EDIT: I'm using 40d13 by the way
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:31:37 pm by .:Asch:. »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Entity won't spawn
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:31:56 pm »

I can't see anything blatantly wrong with those entires but you'll be better off Ctrl-F'ing entity_default.txt for those "DEFAULT_SITE" tokens (you've got it right in this entry, it should be "DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE"). Who knows, it might help.

Edit: Also, I might be wrong, but a start biome of ANY_LAND is probably a bit of overkill.

Edit2: Oh, and are there over 128 files in raw/objects?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:36:27 pm by 3 »

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:41:20 pm »

I can't see anything blatantly wrong with those entires but you'll be better off Ctrl-F'ing entity_default.txt for those "DEFAULT_SITE" tokens (you've got it right in this entry, it should be "DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE"). Who knows, it might help.

Edit: Also, I might be wrong, but a start biome of ANY_LAND is probably a bit of overkill.

Edit2: Oh, and are there over 128 files in raw/objects?
Looked through the entity_default.txt and all the DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE were as they should be, nothing wrong with that as far as I could tell

I had originally had [START_BIOME:ANY_DESERT] but that was giving me errors in the errorlog, and since the map I'm generating is almost completely desert (apart from a few mountain chains) I figured they would spawn in deserts anyway.

82 Files in raw/objects. I'll post the rest of entity_default.txt and creature_standard.txt if you think thay may help.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:54:36 pm »

Odd. There aren't any other files used as entity raws in the folder, are there? [ANY_DESERT] should be fine as well...
Wait, just thought of something. Temporarily (at least), change DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE to DARK_FORTRESS. I have a suspicion that cities can't be built on deserts.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:56:06 pm »

Okay, I'll give that a go. I do have entity_new.txt (Which is Orcs) from Dig Deeper on there, could that be giving me problems?

EDIT: Still getting "Unrecognized Entity Token: DEFAULT_SITE" twice when I gen a world and still no humans. I have modifyed elves spawning in deserts who use tree cities, so I'll try changing it to that.

EDIT2: And bam! Suddenly they start working with tree cities, could be that cities can't be built on desert squares. I'll try changing it back to cities, see if that is the case.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:15:52 pm by .:Asch:. »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:02:54 pm »

Quite possibly.  However, I am not familiar with that mod's data (or even what it adds, as I don't use it), and since few may know where to find what might potentially be causing problems, I'd recommend asking the maker of the mod.  He probably knows it best.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:04:36 pm »

I have modifyed elves spawning in edserts who use tree cities, so I'll try changing it to that.

Wow, sounds bizarre. I've never managed to get them to do that (nor have I managed to get the race I'm currently playing around with to live in taiga forests, thanks to a lack of a TREE_CITY tag).

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »

Quite possibly.  However, I am not familiar with that mod's data (or even what it adds, as I don't use it), and since few may know where to find what might potentially be causing problems, I'd recommend asking the maker of the mod.  He probably knows it best.

I don't think is what was doing it, seeing as without the modified humans it worked perfectly fine and I've used multiple entity files before. I will try it without the extra entity file if it keeps acting weird.

Wow, sounds bizarre. I've never managed to get them to do that (nor have I managed to get the race I'm currently playing around with to live in taiga forests, thanks to a lack of a TREE_CITY tag).

It is a kind of weird mod, they aren't really elves though, just use the creature as a base. The whole mod is kind of Egyptian flavoured, so it is mainly desert and one or two big rivers in the world I'm genning - making it necessary for all races to live in deserts/mountains.

EDIT:
EDIT2: And bam! Suddenly they start working with tree cities, could be that cities can't be built on desert squares. I'll try changing it back to cities, see if that is the case.

Wait, they stopped spawning again, even with tree cities. What is going on with these guys?

EDIT2: Tried copying and pasting the entities from entity_new.txt to entity_default.txt, then deleting entity_new.txt. Genning Now

EDIT3: No dice

EDIT4: Making them spawn on mountains, to see if its the biome doing it.

EDIT5: They spawn on mountains. Back to the desert folks...

EDIT6: They've decided to start working again with tree cities. That was weird
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:40:17 am by .:Asch:. »