Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Less Brutal Sparring

(1/1)

dav:
I'm scared to let my melee dwarves practice sparring, because so far it's paralyzed two, sent another to bed for a year, and hacked off the arm of a fourth.  This is out of an army of six - and they're still dabbling.Shouldn't sparring be . . . you know . . . not intended to decapitate your ally?  Of course, accidents happen, especially at lower levels.  Would this be helped if I made wooden weapons for them to spar with?

Jim:
i've noticed this too.  dwarves appear to lose their control while they are sparring.  my barracks is just covered with blood (from wrestling).  i'm not sure if this is in a requirement or a bloat, but maybe when you form up a squad the leader of the squad could have the option of training the soldiers under his or her command.  dwarven boot camp could be very interesting too.  or maybe there could be a new kind of noble, a sort of general, that can do all of these commands once you get an impressive enough fortress.

Zereth:
Yah, practice weapons would be nice.

Slime:
Yes, a leader teaching the dwarves under his command would be useful, but perhaps only improving their skills to a level dependant on the skills of the leader? A legendary axedwarf would be able to train very good soldiers for instance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version