Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?  (Read 5467 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?
« on: August 17, 2009, 01:44:42 am »

I noticed they were gone after they were posted yesterday, with no trace of them. When I try and go to them via history, it says they were either deleted or are off-limits to me. I was wondering why this was.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:50:24 am »

I believe you mean Viewtiful-Chris's eight threads.  He went on the rampage and started posting random drivel all over, and getting very defensive if anyone doubted their value, arguing that every single one of his threads had just as much "right" to be here as anyone else's.  Even if it was just to show a photo of Barack Obama with photoshopped shades saying "Dat ass".  Claimed it was just as much a discussion topic as anything else here, and kept insulting everyone who voiced a differing opinion.

Guy was a troll.  He was just pushing buttons.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:51:07 am »

Oh. I logged off before that happened.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:40:16 am »

Kinda sorry I missed it.  I can't help but think I pushed him to it.  I'm not sure whether to be ashamed of inadvertently fucking up the board, or proud of making him show his true colors.

Probably just my royale-sized ego talking again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:14:37 am »

I've got a sneaky suspicion it was his intention all along.  He may have been a very smart troll, figuring out exactly what would get us to twitch up.  I mean, his first post badmouthed Dwarf Fortress, and that's a surefire way to get folks around here riled (as was made very evident in the following responses.  We share a bit of the blame here).  Then he goes off spamming topics filled with content that seems like it would come off some other gaming forum, one that we for whatever reason see ourselves as "better than".  Not to mention putting emphasis on postcount, which has been a touchy subject around here for some time.

I sound a bit like a conspiracy theorist saying this...  But it's either he knew exactly what buttons to push, or he was really just that much of a jerk.

But there's really no need to talk about this.  We got hit, it got cleaned up, it's over.  Let's find something else to do.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:18:12 am »

I wish I hadn't missed this. Internet Drama is the greatest spectator sport known to man. But, from the sound of it, it's good he's gone.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:20:45 am »

I guess I had him pegged wrong afterall.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 06:02:18 am »

He was an interesting troll. I knew that he was intentionally pushing some buttons, but not whether it was for fun teasing or just plain trolling. And he technically never broke rules, not that I saw of. Well played, Viewtiful-Chris, well played.

But that just shows what I like about this place. In many other forums and sites, trolls like that would seep into the community, make friends, and get away with making the place worse. Here, they're just wiped clean before becoming a cancer.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:09:56 am »

Anyway, back to post count. Why is it touchy again?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:44 am »

It's best to judge the post on the post itself, rather than the amount of posts that the author also made.
I've played some mafia.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:18 am »

He actually asked a legit sounding question in DF Gameplay Questions, I think.

Guy was good.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 10:21:15 am »

No, he was more than good.  He was simply viewtiful.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 11:09:43 am »

Yeah, I didn't feel like he was that epic of a troll.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:01 am »

What boggled my mind was, if he was really trying to troll us, why did he keep it isolated to General Discussion? You would think bogus bug reports and suggestions would be part of a trolls balanced breakfast.

I wish I hadn't missed this. Internet Drama is the greatest spectator sport known to man. But, from the sound of it, it's good he's gone.

It wasn't that great. The morbid amusement turned into resigned exasperation quite quickly, for me at least.

But now at least I feel justified for sounding like a bit of a dick in his introduction thread.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:25 am »

I go on a Babylon 5 marathon and this is what I miss. Either an artificial fool masquerading as a hyper-defensive simpleton or a true fool making a fool of himself indeed.

At least he's been dealt with in a just manner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7