Finally... > General Discussion

What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?

(1/19) > >>

Cheeetar:
I noticed they were gone after they were posted yesterday, with no trace of them. When I try and go to them via history, it says they were either deleted or are off-limits to me. I was wondering why this was.

Kagus:
I believe you mean Viewtiful-Chris's eight threads.  He went on the rampage and started posting random drivel all over, and getting very defensive if anyone doubted their value, arguing that every single one of his threads had just as much "right" to be here as anyone else's.  Even if it was just to show a photo of Barack Obama with photoshopped shades saying "Dat ass".  Claimed it was just as much a discussion topic as anything else here, and kept insulting everyone who voiced a differing opinion.

Guy was a troll.  He was just pushing buttons.

Cheeetar:
Oh. I logged off before that happened.

Aqizzar:
Kinda sorry I missed it.  I can't help but think I pushed him to it.  I'm not sure whether to be ashamed of inadvertently fucking up the board, or proud of making him show his true colors.

Probably just my royale-sized ego talking again.

Kagus:
I've got a sneaky suspicion it was his intention all along.  He may have been a very smart troll, figuring out exactly what would get us to twitch up.  I mean, his first post badmouthed Dwarf Fortress, and that's a surefire way to get folks around here riled (as was made very evident in the following responses.  We share a bit of the blame here).  Then he goes off spamming topics filled with content that seems like it would come off some other gaming forum, one that we for whatever reason see ourselves as "better than".  Not to mention putting emphasis on postcount, which has been a touchy subject around here for some time.

I sound a bit like a conspiracy theorist saying this...  But it's either he knew exactly what buttons to push, or he was really just that much of a jerk.

But there's really no need to talk about this.  We got hit, it got cleaned up, it's over.  Let's find something else to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version