Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?  (Read 5466 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:24 pm »

What happened to him?
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 02:47:16 pm »

Wait, who are we talking about?
But oh, yeah. Trolls. Wonderful.  Nice pun back there.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 02:47:59 pm »

He made 8 threads, trolled, then I think he got banned.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:17 pm »

Trolls, you say? I would worry about goblins and beak dogs more than those silly chasm-dwelling scabs.

In all seriousness, he was a minor inconvenience. He shall be gone from our memories and thoughts by the turn of the next year. Vanished, never to come back...

Unless, that is, he decides to create an alternate account. Armok protect us... but in all honesty, he shall become as one with dust to us. Gone.
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 03:38:04 pm »

When I turn my flaming mode on he will leave for sure.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 03:54:37 pm »

Trolls, you say? I would worry about goblins and beak dogs more than those silly chasm-dwelling scabs.

In all seriousness, he was a minor inconvenience. He shall be gone from our memories and thoughts by the turn of the next year. Vanished, never to come back...

Unless, that is, he decides to create an alternate account. Armok protect us... but in all honesty, he shall become as one with dust to us. Gone.

Whoah! Never seen you around before. Me likey the avatar.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 03:56:02 pm »

I think he just joined.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 04:00:41 pm »

yeah. he posted in my lets play.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 04:34:02 pm »

And by the way, Viewtiful-Chris did break the rules.  He made personal attacks on a couple forum members.  I think those were just slip-ups though...

As for post count, yeah.  The quality of posting should be what's considered, not the quantity.  If you rated people simply by post count, I would be the second-most important person here, followed closely by inaluct.  And Toady One himself would only be seen as a few steps above, even though his posts are of course
Beyond Quality.

And that's just F'd up.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 04:52:16 pm »

Yes, I'm a new face around here.

The avatar does wonders for people noticing me, that is certain.

...I'm so glad I have Photoshop and access to gradient tools.
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:14 pm »

What boggled my mind was, if he was really trying to troll us, why did he keep it isolated to General Discussion? You would think bogus bug reports and suggestions would be part of a trolls balanced breakfast.

Since he made an intro thread, I'd say he was trying to earn our trust. He did start off insisting that DF was difficult to learn, so it would take a while for him to get to that stage. He seemed more of a long-term troll. Someone who's happier trolling the minds and beliefs of DF fanatics and newbie lovers, than actually sabotaging DF. He wasn't one of those dumb newbie trolls, he was more like an intellectual attacking a religion by pretending to be a potential convert.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »

That, or he was just a giant jackass who thought demanding a symposium was a good way to introduce himself, took comments about spamming as an insult, and thought the best way to prove his point about the importance of Internet Politics was to gin some up and throw a big pout.

Yes, there are Professional Trolls.  There's also idiots and jerks.  Not every public disturbance is a strategy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:58 pm »

Agreed.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 09:17:18 pm »

At times like these, I wish that threads were locked instead of deleted, so we could make a post-mortem :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 09:18:57 pm »

He may have thought he had a strategy, but did he really? Obviously there is split opinions here, but the fact of the matter is he was still caught fairly quickly, rending his strategy void.

So the question we should be asking ourselves more is "Did he think he could get away with it by bending the rules?" I would personally think not. The fact that there are so little trolls on these forums should have alerted him that he would get caught fairly quickly. I can only think (with the amount of forums he started in so little time only aggravating the result) that he simply wanted to cause as much disturbance as possible before going up in flames.

To an extent, it worked. But trolls will be trolls, and because there's so many of them one can only wonder at what makes them think they're so special when trolling occurs so often.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7