Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?  (Read 5469 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Viewtiful-Chris's two threads?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 09:20:16 pm »

Muahah.  Yeah, griefers get wiped clean here.  It's amazing that I'm still around.  It must be because I'm a nice guy.

EDIT:  Oh no.  I'm a bad person.  D:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:31:12 pm by ToonyMan »

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:12 pm »

As we all know. The Dwarf Fortress forums seem to have a... warping effect on our collective hive-mind.

I must admit, the "Catching the Elusive Mermaid" discussion caught my eye shortly before I registered. Hah!
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 09:58:02 pm »

There is no wrong ideas in B12.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 11:25:52 pm »

Only wrong people.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 11:30:34 pm »

He may have thought he had a strategy, but did he really? Obviously there is split opinions here, but the fact of the matter is he was still caught fairly quickly, rending his strategy void.

So the question we should be asking ourselves more is "Did he think he could get away with it by bending the rules?" I would personally think not. The fact that there are so little trolls on these forums should have alerted him that he would get caught fairly quickly. I can only think (with the amount of forums he started in so little time only aggravating the result) that he simply wanted to cause as much disturbance as possible before going up in flames.

To an extent, it worked. But trolls will be trolls, and because there's so many of them one can only wonder at what makes them think they're so special when trolling occurs so often.

We don't actually seem to have a trolling contingent here at B12. It comes with the ludicrous learning curve of Toady's games. The low-rate trolls are weeded out really quick.

Although if Viewtiful-Chris really was a troll, I guess he lost it when he realized that long-term trolling would have been hell to pay.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 01:47:21 am »

Only wrong people.
and they're the only ones left.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 03:09:27 am »

The community isn't small enough for one person to significantly impact it in devastating ways. None of us forum goers hold power. Toady holds the power. I'm pretty sure viewtiful chris wasn't sappin' the Toad Source.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 04:04:01 am »

We don't actually seem to have a trolling contingent here at B12. It comes with the ludicrous learning curve of Toady's games. The low-rate trolls are weeded out really quick.

Although if Viewtiful-Chris really was a troll, I guess he lost it when he realized that long-term trolling would have been hell to pay.
There did use to be a trolling contingent on the forums who would travel in packs. I'm not going to name any names (but the older forumers will know). They got banned one by one and now those that remain have either mellowed out or are still raging internally but are too afraid to say anything controversial. You can still sense their burning and misplaced desire to post inciting remarks in their words though.

These forums are rife with the teeming masses of posers though. Intellectual posers. Everyone who posted in this thread qualifies as one. Wait... I just posted in this thread... crap.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:38 am »

Ha! I don't claim to be a 'poser'. You know why I don't usually post in debate topics? It's because I'm stupid and I get taken apart. Piece. by. piece.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 04:52:28 am »

I resent this implication that I'm an Intellectual Poser.  When have I ever pretended to be anything like intellectual?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:34 am »

Intellectual poser is such an unappealing phrase. I prefer the term 'demigod', because we like to flash our superiority in the same way a son of Zeus would flex muscles when he doesn't have to.

..Wait, that statement just turned me into a troll. Damn.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 05:47:37 am »

WTF? Troll?

The last troll I remember is Moin, in 2008...

However:

Quote from: Umiman
There did use to be a trolling contingent on the forums who would travel in packs. I'm not going to name any names (but the older forumers will know). They got banned one by one and now those that remain have either mellowed out or are still raging internally but are too afraid to say anything controversial. You can still sense their burning and misplaced desire to post inciting remarks in their words though.

:(

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 05:48:59 am »

Or maybe they simply went somewhere else?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 05:56:42 am »

I like you anyway Umiman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7