Finally... > Creative Projects

I need sprites for my first game.

(1/5) > >>

chaoticag:
I have a one year old copy of gamemaker on my laptop, and it took me this long to decide to make a completely original game using it.

So here I run into my first problem:
I am really bad at spriting and I'd hate to recycle someone elses sprites without their permission (not to mention that so far that I know, this will be a somewhat new-ish concept, so any sprites I get will probably be out of place). They don't need to be animated at all, since it will be a 4x top down game.

So if you can help me out, that would be great.

This is what I will need to get a playable version out as soon as possible:

Spoiler: sprites (preferibly 32x32 pixels) (click to show/hide)Zombies, in various group sizes.
 -single
 -crowd
 -hoard

People
 -worker

Army, in various sizes
 -Lone ranger
 -squadron
 -battalion

Various buildings of your choice, in post-apocalypse fashion. (As 32x32 pixel tiles, can be multiple tiles)
Roads.
Parkland/outskirts.

In case anyone wants to know what the plans are:

Spoiler: Short term (click to show/hide)-Get zombies vs humans done
-give humans multiple unit types (long range, medium and short)
-ability to clean out buildings
-One pre-generated map
-One resource (human)

Spoiler: Long term (click to show/hide)-Iron out bugs
-Make game winnable

-randomly generated map (priority)
-Buildible fortifications (Priority)
-Buildible buildings (Priority)
-Random events (Priority)
-More human factions (Priority)
-Equipment (Priority)
-Resources (Priority)

-More variety of above, before adding new stuff in, plus bug fixes.

-Ability to hold buildings.
-Special buildings have assosciated bonuses.
-Unique  buildings.
-Add in researching tree.

-Bug fix and variety.

-Weapons get noisy here, and other stuff I need to think about.

I have no idea how long I'll be able to get this done, or even how to get this done, but the plan is to get a playable version within the end of this month and the end of the next. I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Enzo:
Friendly advice : spriting is not your first problem. You can always use placeholders until you have something playable. Also, you should probably mention what size the sprites should be.

chaoticag:

--- Quote from: kinseti on August 17, 2009, 01:58:52 pm ---Friendly advice : spriting is not your first problem. You can always use placeholders until you have something playable. Also, you should probably mention what size the sprites should be.

--- End quote ---
I knew I was forgetting something, thanks for the feedback. I've tried to get together place holders, which for me generally was more time consuming than I would have liked it to be. Plus, I'm something of a perfectionist, and I spent too much time trying to sprite the letter Z for a placeholder because "it looked a little off". I never was much of an artist...

I do have some stuff that I'm doing on my own though.

Boksi:
Eh. I might try to do it. Not today, though. But I have a few days until school starts, so...

chaoticag:

--- Quote from: Boksi on August 17, 2009, 02:07:56 pm ---Eh. I might try to do it. Not today, though. But I have a few days until school starts, so...

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version