Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Players/Judges: What should be done if Players haven't completed all 8 Game Years by the deadline?

1) Players will turn in their fortress as-is, at no additional penalty
- 45 (60%)
2) Players will be given a short extension, dependant on how near they are, and how many players are unfinished
- 27 (36%)
3) Players will be disquallified from scoring
- 2 (2.7%)
4) Something else (please explain)
- 1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DF Masters 2: It's Over!  (Read 91642 times)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM2: Deadline Monday, 9/21
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2009, 03:37:38 pm »

Ahhh, sorry guys. I'm gonna have to pull out. School is just taking up too much of my time  :(

EDIT: Actually, I might try and make a quick fortress over the weekend. Don't expect anything great, though :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:47:59 pm by gumball135 »
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »

A tragecomedy, in three acts:

<awesomeness>

Yes, you know you're a dwarf when you fight and repel 3 invasions, build elaborate traps, and are willing to set fire to the entire wilderness, just to get a glassmaker some silk for his hair-brained arts and crafts project.

Excellent.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2009, 05:03:58 pm »

the goblins here bring cave spider silk clothes and various other valuable leathers, and they sell for about 700 a piece.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2009, 05:10:49 pm »

PAPER THE FIRST: DEADLINE MONDAY, 9/21
Shouldn't make an issue.

......Glassmaker possessions++;

realmfighter: Yeah, but you can't seamrip clothes for the cloth (yet), so it does moody dwarfs no good.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2009, 05:14:21 pm »

I just bought out the human caravan with FOUR ambushers clothes. Much better use than burning.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2009, 05:33:41 pm »

I got Economy 8)

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2009, 06:43:08 pm »

I just bought out the human caravan with FOUR ambushers clothes. Much better use than burning.

Oh, I've got enough stone crafts to buy out a hundred caravans, because that's all my legendary stonecrafter does.  Money wasn't the problem.

The problem is that the humans were sieging, and merchants don't show up during a siege.  Hence, the wildfire.

After the siege broke and the merchants did show up, then came the ambushes.  I figured the glassmaker was done for.  The happy ending is checking the bodies of the dead and finding a bin full of silk.  =P

I can't wait to explain it to the elves come springtime:

Pansy McElf: What's all this ash?  What happened here?
<dwarves collectively mumble and shuffle feet>
Pansy McElf: I can't hear you!
Urist: We had to set fire...to the forest.
Pansy McElf: WHAT?
Urist: Yeah.  We needed some silk.  It was the only way.
Pansy McElf: And what's with all the blood and bodies?
Urist: Unfortunate side effect.  But we got the silk!

(My glassmaker made, by the way, a green glass bed.  I was not aware such a thing was possible, but there it is.)
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2009, 08:10:55 pm »

(My glassmaker made, by the way, a green glass bed.  I was not aware such a thing was possible, but there it is.)

I once got a giant cave swallow bone bed. That baby went straight into the king's bedroom...

All kinds of cool things are possible with moods.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2009, 08:14:31 pm »

And I'm once again in FPS purgatory. The megaproject is very close to done. It'll be tight... Anyway, it's now 4 days into the final year, which tipped over about 90 minute ago. At this rate, I'll hit summer in 40 hours. If the FPS doesn't recover by then, I might not get done in time!  :D

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2009, 08:21:02 pm »

well,mind that it's up to 8yr.

I remember my first artifact e'er in DF- was a gem bed. Moss agate, I think.

Also, half the arts are crafts (eh?)- a silk left mitten, a green glass bracelet, a turtle shell bracelet..that bin tops the value list at bring-to-depot.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2009, 08:24:09 pm »

well,mind that it's up to 8yr.

I remember my first artifact e'er in DF- was a gem bed. Moss agate, I think.

Also, half the arts are crafts (eh?)- a silk left mitten, a green glass bracelet, a turtle shell bracelet..that bin tops the value list at bring-to-depot.

Wait, what?

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2009, 08:26:24 pm »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2009, 09:32:19 pm »

Damn grimlings

I have killed 5 in the last ten minutes. Bastards keep responding, going state towards my fort and scaring my workers.

They can also rip dogs and untrained men.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:39:48 pm by realmfighter »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2009, 09:46:07 pm »

Yeah, but they're not that dangerous- since they come singly. A nonameskill weapon-fighter eats them up. Actually, my marksdwarf shot once, then beat it about with crossbow without hammer skill to death.

Ninja kobold, too. My guards weren't taking drinks that I saw.

Now the puzzle of how to get dwarfs to build upward smartly without a wall-walk..don't want to spend the time saved freeing them from their stupidity.
Tilesets

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:37 pm »

Yeah, but they're not that dangerous- since they come singly. A nonameskill weapon-fighter eats them up. Actually, my marksdwarf shot once, then beat it about with crossbow without hammer skill to death.

i know, but the bastard reappear instantly right next to my workers!

i have 14 grimling corpses,11 of them are at the end of the list
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:08:07 pm by realmfighter »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52