Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Think Before You Speak Campaign  (Read 1670 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Think Before You Speak Campaign
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:21 am »

From the forum guidelines:  "Despite its prevalence on the internet, bigoted language is frowned upon here.  Do not go there."

In practice, this has extended beyond racial epithets and into some of the words that you guys are joking about here.  If you want to have this discussion, that is fine in principle, but so far it's unclear whether or not this is going to work out.  For instance:

The faggotry of this campaign is appaling.

Generally people get mutes here for using this sort of language in this way.  Whether or not you agree with the guidelines is not important to me, and I don't care about internet irony or whatever this is supposed to be.

I'm not sure what to do about this sort of topic in general.  I usually don't mind when people try to discuss things intelligently, but if this thread ends up being an idiot magnet like the sex topics, I might have to disallow this kind of discussion more broadly.

Anyway, I don't see a reason why the policy on bigoted sophomoric crap should be any different in this topic than in the others.  Please be careful with further posts or you will be muted for a number of days.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Think Before You Speak Campaign
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 04:50:20 am »

Sorry Toady! I should have given more forethought to how this thread might end up. I'll lock it.
Pages: 1 [2]