Finally... > General Discussion

How Annoying are Abandoned Posts?

(1/8) > >>

Katsuun:
After a long, unannounced hiatus and several intercontinental journeys, I have finally returned to the DF forums. However, my departure left me to abandon several (4, at my best count) forums I had been running. This got me thinking, and after picking at the question by myself for a while, I decided to present it to the forum goers.

So basically, how annoying is it for you when somebody abandons a post they created that you are a participant in?

TheNewerMartianEmperor:
I believe you mean "threads". If this is so, then I agree whole-heartedly.

Jackrabbit:
Yes. I promise myself that even if I lose interest, I will find a way to keep my thread going. After Penguin of Honor abandoned his RTD, I decided never to subject my players to that. It was annoying and upsetting (I was a frigging weather mage!)

Luckk:
Yeah, it seems to be a reacurring theme for any forum games.  I rarely see it happen anywhere else though.

Armok:
I find it EXTREMELY frustrating, especially if I have a well thought out character that I like, which I usually do. A finite length hiatus is not to bad, but a thread permanently ending makes my cry inside.
Also, webcomics, I HATE when a webcomic just dies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version