Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Star Craft  (Read 6224 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Craft
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:34 am »

It's not hardcoded.  You just need the use evil animals tags and I think a tag to use mounts.  Then and the mount tag to whatever you want brought along.  They will only bring the creatures as mounts though so zerglings don't seem to work too good for that but maybe hydrolisks.  Depends on what your base creature is.  Zerglings riding hydrolisks seems weird.

Mounts are possible, but I'm talking about how goblins bring trolls on sieges with them.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:36:02 am »

It's not hardcoded.  You just need the use evil animals tags and I think a tag to use mounts.  Then and the mount tag to whatever you want brought along.  They will only bring the creatures as mounts though so zerglings don't seem to work too good for that but maybe hydrolisks.  Depends on what your base creature is.  Zerglings riding hydrolisks seems weird.

Mounts are possible, but I'm talking about how goblins bring trolls on sieges with them.

Have you actually ever seen goblins bring trolls on sieges with them?

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 12:07:42 pm »

Nope, which is why I was skeptical in the first place.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »

Did this ever get released or what?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:19:11 am »

Usage of evil animals allows goblins from specific biomes to take trolls if they dwell in the same biome because trolls are EVIL.

Also, Phantom, nobody has picked up the idea and I saw about dozen of SC threads, so I don't think it's that only time when someone takes it further :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 02:45:58 am »

I'll totally make a SC mod, but I'll have to wait until the next release when castes are in
then nothing will stop the blade queen!
Mwahahahahhaahahahahaha

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 03:19:59 am »

Everybody is talking about the next release to make something. I say, it's another bad excuse, nothing more. Then they will wait for patches to fix bugs etc, and it will last for a few good years :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 08:34:53 am »

Ill make a half fast one for now, you can make the major one after the new realse, if thats alright with you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 10:36:17 am »

I'd say, make a Major one. Include all races and subraces, and it would be fun.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »

Seems to me that if you made a Zergling civ and a Hydralisk civ, that would come close enough.  Set up Ultralisks and Mutalisks as evil critters ala Trolls, then spawn a world with a lot of chasms and evil.

IIRC what Deon outlined (they need a nearby source of trolls) is how it's supposed to work.

Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33:25 am »

I am working on one. Currently I use Overlords as mounts, but Ultralisks could be used too. Zerglings riding Hydralisks seems a bit too much :D. Although zerglings are avaliable as a wildlife, and pretty extensive one. And Zerg have a peace with wildlife.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 01:40:40 pm »

is this too old to ask about now?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 02:38:18 pm »

3.5 years? Yeah.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 05:16:11 am »

But the Nintendo 64 adaptation had that awesome secret level, you can cure and rescue Stukov :) And then they disregard that and have him appear in Heart of the Swarm anyway as Zerg ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 07:07:32 pm »

A pitty that i never got to play the console version of it... was such a good game, the first one that is.

The High Master Necromancer aside, with our current moding abilities and utilities it would be quite possible to produce even the zerg as a playable race (flying units aside, as they still ought to be buggy). It would be a sleugh of transformation interactions, especially if someone would want to go all the way from larvea with true-transform, but it would be possible to keep it quite "in-lore". Just think of a random tech-tree with "raiding" that unlocks further mutations... It could turn out quite fun, even if only terrans were implemented as player-race. Not saying that this is something we need or i would want to participate in, but i am left to wonder a bit because it would be one of the more obvious choices for a mod and noone has seemingly attempted it in recent years. Just saying thou.
Pages: 1 [2] 3