Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Demons vs Elephants

(1/4) > >>

Rakonas:
Has anyone done any conclusive testing regarding the effectiveness of using war elephants against demons?

Neruz:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)They'd probably work out alright against Tentacles and Froggies, but they won't stand a chance gainst SoF.
Also, thread contains spoilers.

Rakonas:

--- Quote from: Neruz on August 19, 2009, 06:00:38 am ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)They'd probably work out alright against Tentacles and Froggies, but they won't stand a chance gainst SoF.

--- End quote ---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Wouldn't really consider the existence of demons a spoiler personally, pretty expectable, isn't it? I would assume that a few SoF would fall despite the elephants burning to death, though

Neruz:

--- Quote from: Rakonas on August 19, 2009, 06:06:04 am ---
--- Quote from: Neruz on August 19, 2009, 06:00:38 am ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)They'd probably work out alright against Tentacles and Froggies, but they won't stand a chance gainst SoF.

--- End quote ---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Wouldn't really consider the existence of demons a spoiler personally, pretty expectable, isn't it? I would assume that a few SoF would fall despite the elephants burning to death, though
--- End quote ---

Spoiler (click to show/hide)You might be surprised; SoF are nightmarish, even champion dorfs clad in adamantine only last a few seconds against SoF, you pretty much have to use Xbow dorfs to stop them.

Grendus:
Spoiler (click to show/hide) I think a swarm of elephants would bring down a SoF or two, but SoF's don't need to attack to do damage. Odds are they would fry the elephants without trying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version