Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 23157 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 1 begins.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 08:44:20 am »

Considering what happened to me when I accepted emotional outbursts, it became clear that I needed a new form of attack. 

Though I just recently learned of, yet, something new to try out.

Everyone

I've stated my reasonings behind how this game would work and how I would work within in. Given that this game works very different from other games, how do YOU plan on winning this game?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 08:54:39 am »

Good morning.

Dakarian, do you have some problem with niceness?  I thought you were the one who went down when faced with a little emotional gushing.

So you're acting differently.

So maybe you've converted to one of those heathen religions out thar.

I find your choice of wording interesting Vector. If half of the people in this game are agnostic, why did you need to mention that the religion was heathen? Wouldn't being part of any religion, not just a heathen one, be a problem?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 09:08:56 am »

Good morning.

Dakarian, do you have some problem with niceness?  I thought you were the one who went down when faced with a little emotional gushing.

So you're acting differently.

So maybe you've converted to one of those heathen religions out thar.

I find your choice of wording interesting Vector. If half of the people in this game are agnostic, why did you need to mention that the religion was heathen? Wouldn't being part of any religion, not just a heathen one, be a problem?

All religions are heathen religions.  Seriously, haven't you heard that those people smoke chickens?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 09:14:25 am »

Vector.. I heard about that and..it wasn't chickens they were smoking...

And you two didn't answer my question

*glare*
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 09:23:12 am »

Vector.. I heard about that and..it wasn't chickens they were smoking...

And you two didn't answer my question

*glare*

Working on it.  It doesn't help that I'm playing three Mafias simultaneously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:41 am »

This game does seem really odd. Since the mafia seem to be better off converting to increase their numbers instead of just killing randomly, at least at the start of the game, it may be a good idea confirm myself quickly and hopefully, join one of the religions.

I don't affect the chances of any religion winning much so it seems like a bit of a waste of time killing me. Confirming myself does seem better than gambling every night about whether the killing roles decide to randomly attack me, believing that I'm a more important member of a religion, so I'm going to roleclaim now. I'm a moderator. Any other moderators claiming on the same day would increase our chances by quite a bit, thanks to not having to worry as much about becoming an atheist, so I hope they do consider it. I just hope I'm right about this and they let me survive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 10:00:25 am »

Personally, I feel like it's like any other game of Mafia.  The religions are going to be trying to kill the other religions and flip the town.  All we have to do is find out who they are and act suitably agnostic, as usual.

Ultimately, though, I think that the main problem is that this game can end up unresolved, with the religions trading people every night.  My real hope is that we manage to finish this game without some kind of Happily Ever After scenario.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:53 am »

The game ends when there are no more townies.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:06 am »

And if the religious factions have equal numbers?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 10:09:09 am »

No one wins

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 10:18:14 am »

Ahh the 'anti-Happy' is in.  Btw, if the Prophet is in, the religions can't trade people off: once one is picked up, they can't be reconverted till the prophet is dead.

It would make it very easy for us if the religions aim for converting rather than killing, I'll tell you that.  It highly depends on how the rest of the religions act.  The key is to try to get a read on how each of the religions wish to act.  Even though they may not want to show themselves, they way they play the day game will help show their intent.

So far, with 13 people, that can easily leave 6-9 religious.  Thus I believe if we can get most, if not all folks to speak up and show their goal we'll get a feel as to how dangerous this game can get.

Fakeedit: Kashyyk's comment about a possible 'no win' suddenly makes me think that staying townie might be best.  Even if the religions ruin each other, the 'Survive' goal will still give a win. 

I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 10:29:17 am »

It looks like recruits want to survive anyway. I think only certain power roles gain the ability to win with their religion.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:13 am »

@ Xegeth

Oh, you're right.  Nm the fear of conversion then.  Makes things easier to work with at least.

@ everyone

Yes I know most of the folks aren't in yet, but it means I have to set myself up decently since my stance can't change when everyone gets active (remember, I'm at work from 3pm to 2am and I can't always get to the comp before I sleep). 

Given that, I'll restate: I am looking for everyone to answer this question:

"Given that this game works very different from other games, how do YOU plan on winning this game?"

I'm looking for responses from these people:

ToonyMan
Mr.Person
RedWarrior0
Servant Corps
Bulborbish
Little
Pandarsenic
Cheeetar
OverlordFT
Eduren

"I don't know" or "I'll play with the flow" are not acceptable answers.  As I said, the worst possibility for agnostics is if the game flows randomly, since it'll lead to a greater chance of us dying.  We may not be a team here but we all want this to end soon while we still breath.  There's a few ways to try to tackle this thing and I want to hear from everyone on how they feel it might be best to do just that.

So get to answering.   
I KNEW IT!

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 10:45:30 am »

Rooting out all the religons.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:11 am »

I plan on winning this by, hopefully, joining a strong religion and then voting how my religion leader wants me to.

Either that or just lurk to victory. Sounds scummy, but it's really the opposite. I don't want to get lynched, and I don't want to make enemies and get night-killed. It's the town that acts scummy in this game. Oh, the irony!

Vote Little. If you were a religion leader and could convert or do a night kill, which would you do and on whom?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13