Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 23031 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 1 begins.
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2009, 08:50:09 pm »

This seems like something of a survivor gamble, trying to go "Oh, ignore me, town!"

You didn't say the same thing to Xength when he roleclaimed Moderator.

Anyway, anyone here can compile who's voting for who? I need to decide who to vote for today.

Xength: You claim to be harmless...but the Victory Condition of the Moderator is: "Ban at least three non-agnostic players -AND- Survive." This doesn't bode well for Agnostics who have been converted, willingly or not. If you get converted, you have to ban three players who belong to opposite religions, which doesn't bode well for Agnostics who happen to get converted into the "wrong" religion. So, hm, basically, how can we trust that you won't end up harming innocent Agnostics when trying to achieve your victory condition?

This sounds like a religious leader trying to get rid of a threat. Vote Servant Corps.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:34 pm »

If I wanted to get rid of him, I would have voted for him, Mr. Person. As it stands, I only want to question Xength.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:44 pm »

If I wanted to get rid of him, I would have voted for him, Mr. Person. As it stands, I only want to question Xength.

The best part? Now you've typo'd Xegeth's name. Are you in a hurry?

What's there to question? He's claimed his role, unless you think he's lying about it. Possible, but a really bad move considering he can be proven a moderator by being hard to lynch.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2009, 09:06:15 pm »

Unfortunately, I'm going to be unable to continue playing this game due to unforeseen difficulties with classwork.  I am really sorry for the short notice.  As you may have seen, though, I don't really have the time to dedicate to Mafia right now.

Please accept my deepest apologies, and I hope to return at some point in the distant future.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 09:14:40 pm »

The best part? Now you've typo'd Xegeth's name. Are you in a hurry?

What's there to question? He's claimed his role, unless you think he's lying about it. Possible, but a really bad move considering he can be proven a moderator by being hard to lynch.

Yes, I'm in a hurry. And yes he claimed his role, and no I don't think he's lying. I do want to bring up the important fact that, unlike most of the Agnostics out there, he has an additional victory condition he has to fulfill. And that is what I am questioning him about.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2009, 01:01:27 am »

Given that there's 6 or 9 dedicated religious people out there, the mod has plenty of room to avoid hitting any innocents. 

As for the chance of a double role.. it depends.  My original style encouraged it (even to the point of all of the townies being the same power role).  You can go crazy with the townie powers here since we're mostly made to be cover for the religions as well as a feeding ground.

Meanwhile, people keep wishing to join the biggest group'.  However, none of them are bigger than the other at the moment and there's either 2 or 3 of them around.  1/3 chance of getting converted into the losing religion and, even if you do join the right now, you still have 2 zealots and a possible merc gunning for you.  As such, while I don't hate the religious groups overall, I'm content to let them duke it out and to leave me out of it.

As for the vote on Pan, the 'if you were religious' question gave him the option of converting or killing.  He chose to kill.  Even in choosing to kill, he opted to choose killing converts (aka, ex Townies) instead of killing the main worshipers. 

Given that, I believe he's accidentally telegraphed his role.  There's at least 2 killing roles here, possibly more, and, while they would have no reason to go after a townie NOW, once the converts start they may get trigger happy.

A question, Pan.  Why do you feel that killing is the better option for the Religious than converting?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 01:17:08 am »

Men, forgot this part:

Unofficial vote count:
Dakarian: Vector
Little: Mr Person
Pandarsenic: Dakarian
Toonyman: RedWarrior0
Servant Corps: Pandarsenic
Bulborbish: Toonyman, Xegeth

Note: Mr Person tried to vote Servant Corps but didn't Unvote first
I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:50 am »

If we look at the role claims so far, we already have four power role claims. That just leaves 9 people to choose between, two of which have claimed agnostic and can be confirmed by the theologian if needed. If both are innocent, we have 7 people and we know that we have 6 religious roles, split into either two or three groups. I suggest that we go for people within that group first. Of course, if there have been lies we can expect that it won't be nearly as easy to win.

I don't really have a reason to go for converted agnostics when I can just go for the main power roles. All my win condition means is that I'll refuse to ally with a religion that is willing to use night kills, otherwise the game has a chance of ending too quickly and leaving me without a chance of winning.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 01:37:40 am »

We could just no lynch. There's no real pressing need to lynch right now. What it's going to come down to is the armchair theologian getting converted. The side with him will be checking everybody for a religion and probably just night-killing anybody found to be religious. The other sides will be trying to nab people for their side. For now, I'll unvote and vote for a no lynch. It's in my best interests to lynch, but I'd be willing to hold off until the next day to lynch. We'll see what happens during the night and who joins a new religion.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2009, 01:49:07 am »

I'd agree with a no lynch but unfortunately I need to lynch every day to give myself a decent chance of winning. At the moment my vote contradicts what I said so I'm going to change my vote to Pandarsenic.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2009, 01:50:11 am »

Given that there's 6 or 9 dedicated religious people out there, the mod has plenty of room to avoid hitting any innocents. 

As for the chance of a double role.. it depends.  My original style encouraged it (even to the point of all of the townies being the same power role).  You can go crazy with the townie powers here since we're mostly made to be cover for the religions as well as a feeding ground.

Meanwhile, people keep wishing to join the biggest group'.  However, none of them are bigger than the other at the moment and there's either 2 or 3 of them around.  1/3 chance of getting converted into the losing religion and, even if you do join the right now, you still have 2 zealots and a possible merc gunning for you.  As such, while I don't hate the religious groups overall, I'm content to let them duke it out and to leave me out of it.

As for the vote on Pan, the 'if you were religious' question gave him the option of converting or killing.  He chose to kill.  Even in choosing to kill, he opted to choose killing converts (aka, ex Townies) instead of killing the main worshipers. 

Given that, I believe he's accidentally telegraphed his role.  There's at least 2 killing roles here, possibly more, and, while they would have no reason to go after a townie NOW, once the converts start they may get trigger happy.

A question, Pan.  Why do you feel that killing is the better option for the Religious than converting?
Because in truth, all the religions need is to be the last one standing, and they're better able to undermine each others' efforts by killing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:12 am »

Typical runs that I've done (no cool program: just a spreadsheet and Random.com) left the game ending at 3-4 days, even if the religions get to killing.  As such, your best bet is as you say: ban a religious each day.

Besides, nolynch means we're stretching the game out needlessly.  It's sort of a reverse mafia: the town wants things to end quickly while the 'mafia' wants to drag things out to better aim their night actions. 

Best way to remove the danger they offer is to remove their fangs: no zealots, no deaths.  The religious can still recruit to win the game so there's no reason to wipe them out. 
I KNEW IT!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:20 pm »

If we look at the role claims so far, we already have four power role claims. That just leaves 9 people to choose between, two of which have claimed agnostic and can be confirmed by the theologian if needed. If both are innocent, we have 7 people and we know that we have 6 religious roles, split into either two or three groups. I suggest that we go for people within that group first. Of course, if there have been lies we can expect that it won't be nearly as easy to win.

I don't really have a reason to go for converted agnostics when I can just go for the main power roles. All my win condition means is that I'll refuse to ally with a religion that is willing to use night kills, otherwise the game has a chance of ending too quickly and leaving me without a chance of winning.

That's all I needed to here. Thanks. I also do like dakarian's reasoning, and believe that Zealots are the main obstcale to agonistcs desiring a conversion, so I'll vote for Pandarsenic.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2009, 01:08:40 pm »

Don't vote Pandarsenic, guys. I've already trolled him, he's harmless.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 01:20:02 pm »

I'll think about it if there's someone better to target.  If that's one zealot, there's at least one more floating around and possibly two.

Perhaps we need moar chatter. 

For example: Does anyone else want to claim Armchair Theologian? 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13