Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 22718 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 05:45:38 am »

Wait wait wait, they could of been converted, agh.  Or the Armchair Theologian could have been converted if there is one!  *sigh*

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 06:54:52 am »

You see now why I was so pushy to get everyone going day 1.  Now the uglies begin for day 2 as we need to piece together who converted who.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 07:28:24 am »

I'm not sure who to vote at the moment but I'd say either ToonyMan or Bulbordish based on their behaviour. I'll vote Bulbordish for now. I think I'll probably just end up voting for whoever has the most votes on Saturday though.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:05 pm »

votes:

Bulborbish: Xegeth

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 04:30:26 pm »

Hey guys.

1.The reason I gave that long post was because I HAD TO STOP USING THE COMPUTER. I was not giving up.
2. Xegeth, I wonder why you voted for me immediately. Pandar was trolled and we have a religious night kill. We can assume the religions are smart enough not to kill Night 1, because they need converts, namely power roles. Pandar, we can logically deduce, is a religious, namely E-Evangilist

Vote: Pandarsenic

3. Who is to say you are not also religious? If you are converted, It wouldn't be by Pandar, and you would benefit from lynching Pandar. Either way, Pandar would be the most logical vote for you.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2009, 04:37:36 pm »

It could also be another religion that decided to nightkill just for the WIFOM. I'm inclined to let the other religions do the kill as they please. Specifically, I know who would make a good merc target!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »

2. Xegeth, I wonder why you voted for me immediately. Pandar was trolled and we have a religious night kill. We can assume the religions are smart enough not to kill Night 1, because they need converts, namely power roles. Pandar, we can logically deduce, is a religious, namely E-Evangilist

Could you explain this logic of yours. Why does Pandar being trolled mean that he is the evangelist?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:30 pm »

It could also be another religion that decided to nightkill just for the WIFOM. I'm inclined to let the other religions do the kill as they please. Specifically, I know who would make a good merc target!

Or hell, that could be the merc target. Vote Xegeth.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »

Hey guys.

1.The reason I gave that long post was because I HAD TO STOP USING THE COMPUTER. I was not giving up.

3. Who is to say you are not also religious? If you are converted, It wouldn't be by Pandar, and you would benefit from lynching Pandar. Either way, Pandar would be the most logical vote for you.

That's assuming that there is no mercenary hacker.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2009, 05:49:39 pm »

Hey guys.

That, uh.

That makes no sense at all. And as much as I hate to OMGUS, and I know everyone is going to scream OMGUS over it, I have to vote bulborish on suspicion of him being an angry E-vangelist, Prophet, or Convert to a now-doomed religion.

Bulborish, if you're a convert, say so now so we can unvote you and (hopefully) a less-fail religion can pick you up.

Bulborish, I just realized that even if you aren't a convert, you'll say you are anyway just to drag things out.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:22 pm »

Kashyyk, I saw your ad in the replacements thread, and would like to replace vector.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2009, 12:43:57 am »

Gotta make this quick:

Before we go kill off the front talkers (again) perhaps we should take a look at the lurkers.  I'm thinking that most of the religious are hiding to avoid notice.  Perhaps we need to shake them up a bit.

When I get the chance, I'll check to see who those people are.
I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2009, 01:38:08 am »

Bulbordish, if you are right about Pandarsenic, why would we force the religion to night kill every night? Also, I voted for you because you were a popular target yesterday and Pandarsenic is less likely to be a zealot. I do like dakarian's idea though.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2009, 03:04:53 am »

Also, Bulborish, if you kill a religion's E-vangelist, you force that religion to start killing. That's the last thing any of us wants.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 1 begins.
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 03:16:18 am »

Just realized something that scared me:

"Given that this game works very different from other games, how do YOU plan on winning this game?"

1) Roleclaim my role: I'm the "Armchair Theologian". I'm basically the Super-Detective of this game, able to determie the religious leanings of two people, or how dedicated one person is to his religion.
2) Wait to get converted in the Night. When I get converted, my VC changes to "Religion Wins" rather than just "Survive". This means that I don't have to worry about getting killed and losing afterwards.
3) Work with said religion to help that religion wins.
4) If the religion I am a part of begins to lose, call for other people to try and convert me. Since I am immune to the effects of the Prophet, and I am able to choose if I want to be converted or not, I get to choose whatever my Victory Condition is. So, I have a chance to actually flee to the "other side" per se. And the friendly Zealot that is a part of each Religion would not be able to intimidate me, because, after all, I win when the Religion wins, not if I 'survive'.
5) If I get Nightkilled, pray to whatever Diety I currently believe in that my Religion gets to "wins" the game.

Reason I posted this: why was he killed?

No, don't go "he's the zealot."  He claimed Armchair.  No one counterclaimed (and armchair was a confirmed town Day 1).  When the rival group targeted him, they did so using only the information offered here and in possible PMs. 

So either there was something there that gave off a scumtell (zealot= mafia in all essence so the old way of scumhunting works) or the religion decided to off a towny.

That bothers me greatly for many reasons.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13