Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 22710 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2 - Replacement Requested
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:04 am »

I forgot he claimed that. Shoot. I'm starting to think Pandarsenic is an e-evangilist. In any case, we shouldn't lynch him, that's for sure.

But yes, the killing of a townie thing does scare me too. If I wind up dead, I'm going to be pissed, that's for sure.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 1 begins.
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2009, 04:41:51 am »

Just realized something that scared me:

"Given that this game works very different from other games, how do YOU plan on winning this game?"

1) Roleclaim my role: I'm the "Armchair Theologian". I'm basically the Super-Detective of this game, able to determie the religious leanings of two people, or how dedicated one person is to his religion.
2) Wait to get converted in the Night. When I get converted, my VC changes to "Religion Wins" rather than just "Survive". This means that I don't have to worry about getting killed and losing afterwards.
3) Work with said religion to help that religion wins.
4) If the religion I am a part of begins to lose, call for other people to try and convert me. Since I am immune to the effects of the Prophet, and I am able to choose if I want to be converted or not, I get to choose whatever my Victory Condition is. So, I have a chance to actually flee to the "other side" per se. And the friendly Zealot that is a part of each Religion would not be able to intimidate me, because, after all, I win when the Religion wins, not if I 'survive'.
5) If I get Nightkilled, pray to whatever Diety I currently believe in that my Religion gets to "wins" the game.

Reason I posted this: why was he killed?

No, don't go "he's the zealot."  He claimed Armchair.  No one counterclaimed (and armchair was a confirmed town Day 1).  When the rival group targeted him, they did so using only the information offered here and in possible PMs. 

So either there was something there that gave off a scumtell (zealot= mafia in all essence so the old way of scumhunting works) or the religion decided to off a towny.

That bothers me greatly for many reasons.

He was an obvious convert target and since one of the religions couldn't convert that night (assuming Mr. Person is an Evangelist), they decided that if they couldn't have Theo nobody could have him.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2 - Replacement found!!
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2009, 07:55:40 am »

How can Person be an Evan?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2009, 02:45:17 pm »

Why else would a religion kill on the first night? Unless, like you said, there was a subtle scumtell, the only reason for a religion to kill first night is if they could not convert.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2009, 02:56:29 pm »

I bet a religion told the Merc to kill.

Look at the Merc's role:

* Mercenary Hacker
       Belief: Atheist (May not be converted)
       Rules: If in play, religion factions are given the option to ask the merc (through the host) to kill a single target at night.  That night, the merc may choose to carry out one such request (if more than one is made, the mercenary may choose which to carry out).
       Victory: All Religions reduced to at most one core power role (Zealot, Prophet, or E-Evangelist). When this occurs, the Merc is removed from the game.

If the Merc agrees to the request, then the religions could of converted.  Although, thinking about it I don't think the Merc would do such a thing, just a possibility I'm spitting out.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2009, 03:25:46 pm »

Are we going to assume that there is a merc?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2009, 04:17:15 pm »

Hi everyone.  Kashyyk is letting me take over for Vector.  This mafia appears to have been very interesting thus far.  My thoughts:

1. There may or may not be a merc.  There also may be 2 or 3 religions.  We really have no idea unless we get quite a few night-kills happening at the same time, which seems unlikely due to the attractiveness of converting rather than killing.

2. It's obvious SC was laying a trap for the other religions by claiming an extremely useful power role, in the hopes that they would attempt to convert him, and lose their Evangelist in the process.

3. SC's death is extremely interesting.  It means that a religion guessed correctly, or were trying to get rid of a townie power role.  Looking back at SC's posts, there isn't much.  What there is, though, is a continued attack on Pandarsenic.  Unless it was an extremely elaborate bus, I'm guessing that Panda is not on the same team as SC.  It's quite possible that he assumed SC would continue his attacks, and thus took him out.

4. Panda becomes even more interesting due to this quote:
So if I'm understanding the nuances of Religious "Mafia" vs. any other Mafia ever, those converted to the religion Servant Corps was should now rat out their prophet so they can be converted to a side that has a chance, right?
Panda, could you say anything that would make you look more religious?  You guessed right, and now you're gloating about it.  You think you have this thing won.

5. However, even though I'm decently certain that Panda is scum, this isn't an ordinary mafia.  Just because Panda is religious doesn't mean it's a good idea to lynch him.  I think that it's quite possible that bulborbish is correct; Panda is an Evangelist who was blocked, and therefore couldn't convert.  That religion was therefore forced to kill.  If this is the case, then banning Panda would be the worst idea for townies, as we would effectively make that religion's zealot an SK.  However, it's also possible that Panda is a zealot, and after being blocked, due partially to SC's accusations (though mostly it was his own fault in saying he'd rather kill than convert, which lends more evidence to him being on the killing side), his religion decided to get "vengeance" by killing SC via the merc.

What are other people's thoughts on this?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2009, 04:29:33 pm »

My Logic:
Because we have 1 night kill and Pandar was trolled, we can assume that, because no religion would not kill night 1 (to try and get an advantage), Pandar is an E-Evangilist

Assumptions on my Part:
There is 2 Religions
There is no Mercenery Hacker(4 Kills required. Game would be to short for them to stand a chance of winning)

If you don't trust me, then troll me. It seems obvious that Pandar is E-Evangilist, and better a Convert then a kill.

Unvote Pandarsenic, I won't be going after E-Evangilists for the un-converted (such as me).

Pandar, I don't care that you are "OMGUS" voting. You are a Person that has as much right to live as me. We should be looking for the other Zealot instead of killing you.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2009, 09:14:26 pm »

The simple fact, Frelock, is whether I'm religious or not, it's a terrible idea to lynch me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2009, 01:25:50 am »

First off, this is WITHOUT doing a deep scan.  I'll try for one tomarrow.

I wouldn't mind Warrior coming out to say something, if only to get everyone up and talking.

I KNEW IT!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2009, 03:11:10 am »

votes:

Bulborbish: Xegeth, Pandarsenic
Xegeth: Mr.Person
RedWarrior0: Eduren

Day will end today at 15:00, unless I see at least five votes for a day lengthening.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:19:36 am by Kashyyk »

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2009, 03:18:48 am »

Redwarrior0, it really would be in your best interest to contribute to the conversation.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2009, 07:18:59 am »

Unvote. I think I'm going to go with dakarian's idea of lynching lurkers and go for Redwarrior0.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2009, 08:32:38 am »

still pre-scan.

Note the focus is to get people active, although if it leads to a lynch then that's fine if no one else looks worse. 

Money = mouth   
Vote Warrior

The idea behind it is two-fold:

1. Since there's more reason for the religious to hide (due to the risk of both town bans and night kills) and less reason for them to talk (they don't NEED to ban townies) then the push to hide is greater. 

2. It'll get not only the lurkers talking by being pressed, but also the active talking more since they are doing the pushing.  Between all that, something will give. 

It's not just pro-town, but, oddly enough, pro-religion.  We not only look for the risks to ourselves but also out the other religious so that they can better target themselves. 

aka: I'd rather kill a zealot, but if I can't, I can give the zealot a nice non-agnostic target. 

So it's a win for everyone...but the ones that die.
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2009, 08:55:56 am »

This just looks way too complex. I'll post a bigger post later, but I'm going off now.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13