Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Religious Flame War Mafia - END GAME  (Read 22715 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2009, 03:07:44 pm »

votes:

Bulborbish: Pandarsenic
Xegeth:   Mr.Person
RedWarrior0: Eduren, Xegeth, Dakarian

The day will end in one hour from now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2009, 04:14:07 pm »

votes:

Bulborbish: Pandarsenic
Xegeth:   Mr.Person
RedWarrior0: Eduren, Xegeth, Dakarian

As the day ends, once again everyone recieves the Servers PM, this time about RedWarrior0. You all check his Profile page, where you find a link to website proclaiming that RedWarrior0 has been touched by God and must protect God's true followers from the words of the Heretic. It would appear that he was a Prophet.

Night 2 will end Monday 15:00.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Religious Flame War Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2009, 10:43:33 am »

Just to let people know, if only one religion is left it falls down to normal mafia rules.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2009, 12:08:57 pm »

Day 3

Everyone returns to the forum expecting another hacked account, but apparently there was none. You still  know that there are still at least one religion out there though, so you must continue.

The Day has started early due to all Night actions having been sent in.

It will end on Tuesday at 15:00
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:08:50 pm by Kashyyk »

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2009, 03:11:14 pm »

Once again I'm going to vote for bulborbish. During day 2, bulborbish claimed that he was the E-Evangelist that converted me. The fact that I was able to be converted again shows that both of the dead religious power roles were part of his religion. This should mean that there are no consequences to his lynch unless he was lying to me. After his lynch, if he was telling the truth, we should probably not lynch again and just depend on the remaining religion to convert every night. That way, no one else will lose.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »

Vote bulborish. That's change religion I can depend on.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2009, 04:23:24 pm »

During day 2, bulborbish claimed that he was the E-Evangelist that converted me. The fact that I was able to be converted again shows that both of the dead religious power roles were part of his religion.

Xegeth,two things:
1) How do you know that both religious roles were killed from the same group?  Obviously, if bulborbish is telling the truth, then Redwarrior and bulborbish are on the same team.  However, that does not imply that Servant Corps was also a part of that religion.

2)By my count, since you claim to have been converted to a different religion, you have banned one member(RedWarrior) of the opposing (your former) religion.  You need to ban 3 members of the opposing religion to win.  Should you ban bulborbish today, and never ban anyone else, you would lose.  Did you just not realize this, or is there some other motive to your suggestion?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:39 pm »

Maybe he's hoping for another conversion.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:37 am »

Vote bulborish. That's change religion I can depend on.

And thus we've formally placed the two most toxic topics into the same thread.  Epic.

We so need to add some form of Console war as well just to seal the deal.

Ok, on topic...meh, to the evan, but I guess that means what I predicted in end game occured: the strongest religion steps up to call on the hearts of the community.  Note that it's not really a 'game break' since I was thinking of it as part of the game design. 

One thin with bulb.. you sound odd.  You were converted but had to be told who converted you.. you aren't told who your religious mates are in your new religion? 

If not, are you use the religion you are in has the zealot?  If not, we're taking out the Evan and replacing it with a true one-man mafia. 

Oh well.  Beats shooting random I guess. 

As for Xegeth,  I think he's betting that the zealot was from Bulb's religion.  Either that or else find the person that was recruited by bulb Night 2. 

Vote Bulborish

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2009, 03:01:38 am »

1) How do you know that both religious roles were killed from the same group?  Obviously, if bulborbish is telling the truth, then Redwarrior and bulborbish are on the same team.  However, that does not imply that Servant Corps was also a part of that religion.

Servant corps was definitely part of my former religion. The fact that we have seen all roles now confirms that there are only two religions and since only one used the zealot on the first night, I must have joined the opposite religion. It is possible that there are three religions but that would require them to contain different roles and bulborbish would have lied to me. I guess it is also possible that Servant Corps shot himself.

2)By my count, since you claim to have been converted to a different religion, you have banned one member(RedWarrior) of the opposing (your former) religion.  You need to ban 3 members of the opposing religion to win.  Should you ban bulborbish today, and never ban anyone else, you would lose.  Did you just not realize this, or is there some other motive to your suggestion?

According to the PM I received when I was converted, I can win by completing either goal, not just by doing both. Since I banned RedWarrrior when I was on his team, I doubt it counts towards my three bans so I doubt I can win if the first post was correct. Kashyyk did confirm that the PM was correct when I asked him though.

One thin with bulb.. you sound odd.  You were converted but had to be told who converted you.. you aren't told who your religious mates are in your new religion? 

I did have to be told who was in my religion but the only one that did get in contact was bulborbish. I still don't know who my new allies are.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2009, 04:41:41 am »

Kashyyk: Change the thread title?

I did have to be told who was in my religion but the only one that did get in contact was bulborbish. I still don't know who my new allies are.
Isn't it normal for scum to know who each other are? I didn't know this was different.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2009, 05:08:35 am »

Kashyyk: Change the thread title?

Isn't it normal for scum to know who each other are? I didn't know this was different.

I didn't know it was different either until I joined bulborbish's team. I'm assuming that anyone who is converted doesn't get told about their religion in an attempt to prevent this situation. If I hadn't attempted to get bulborbish lynched on day 2, he wouldn't have had a reason to contact me so my conversion wouldn't have caused them to lose.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2009, 07:56:30 am »

I had suggested that recruits NOT be given direct access to the religion.  That way, the religion can decide how to treat their new people.  A LOT of this game involves actual interaction between the players: you'll lose if you rely only on the mechanics to win this game. 

(that's why the agnostics keep their 'survive' goal btw: as  the religion you're supposed to convince the actual PLAYER to work on your side)

Btw, ,really messed up moment: Your old religion LET you vote down the Prophet without warning you?  It wasn't telling you who the evan is that killed them, but not telling you who the prophet was.  If you said that you wanted someone else dead I would've listened.  Bah,nm that. You had the voting power to tie the vote by yourself.

Oh, just realized proof to the zealot/prophet being the same side: you can't kill and recruit on the same night.  Thus Religion A recruited Xegeth while Religion B killed. 

Lastly: I missed all of the action :P.  No one recruited me all game.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2009, 08:47:24 am »

Vote Bulborish.

Bulborish hasn't defended himself yet, very odd if he was telling the truth of being an Agnostic.

I feel the same way Dakarian.   :(

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2009, 09:32:32 am »

Ok so it turns out I lied when I said I'd be able to post a bigger analysis later. Bah. Maybe tommorow. It looks like Bulborbish is going to be lynched without him defending himself much, but that dosen't bother me as he seems suspicious to me.

Edit: Ok, it looks pretty obvious to me that Bulborbish is the last of his religion. If we lynch him now, then it means that the final religion can just convert every night until we all win, except for the merc who I don't believe is in this game.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:33:16 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13